Dr. Douglas Lowin is a family practitioner practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Lowin specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Lowin possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Ky Coll of Med, Lexington Ky 1972
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Family Medicine; Fletcher Allen Hlth Care, Internal Medicine
- University Minn Med Center 1973
Douglas Lowin's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55447Get Direction
Douglas Lowin's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lowin
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Treatments for Back Pain
The aim of treatments for back pain is to relief pain and restore mobility. Adjusting your activities is the essential treatment for easing acute back pain caused by minor injury or strain. Back pain treatments are determined by the duration you have experienced the pain, the severity and your...
- What Is a Yeast Infection of the Skin?
IntroductionThe most common type of yeast infection in the skin is candidiasis, which is caused by Candida species. There are more than 20 Candida species that exist, and the most common among them is Candida albicans. These fungi may also occasionally cause infections. Below are some of the...
- What Does Dark Stool Mean?
A dark stool refers to a stool that is either black or dark red in color. You may pass dark bowel movements after consuming dark-colored foods or when an injury or bleeding is present in your gastrointestinal tract. If you pass dark or bloody stools, see your doctor immediately to rule out serious...
- What Is a Bruise?
IntroductionBruises, also known as contusions, appear due to certain types of trauma. Bruises are formed when the body’s soft tissues are injured due to bumps, twists, fall, or blow to the body. This injury causes tiny blood vessels and small veins to break and release red blood cells (RBCs)...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- Dr. Olumide Anuoluwa Omiwade MBCHB701 Park Ave South Minneapolis MN 55415
- Dr. John W. Apostol M.D.6341 University Ave Ne Minneapolis MN 55432
- Neeraja Maddi MBBS2220 Riverside Ave S Minneapolis MN 55454
- Dr. Scott Anthony Reichel MD5502 W Broadway Minneapolis MN 55428
- Dr. Yong-yi Pan MD11475 Robinson Dr Nw Minneapolis MN 55433
- Dr. Cynthia M Frane MD3220 Bellaire Ave Saint Paul MN 55110