Dr. James Mccoy is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Mccoy specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Mccoy tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences 1971
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Ej Meyer Meml Hospital 1972
Dr. James Joseph Mccoy M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. James Joseph Mccoy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mccoy
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- Efforts for Muscular Dystrophy Research
There is vast research going into the effort to find new ways to combat Muscular Dystrophy. Before any new treatment can see the light of the day, it undergoes a series of testing called clinical trials.When a patient is part of a clinical trial, they benefit from cutting-edge treatment that...
- Recovering from Knee Replacement Surgery
Proper rehabilitation and a well-carried out recovery give you the chance to get back on your feet and continue an active lifestyle after knee replacement surgery. Setting and working toward goals will hasten healing and improve your chances for long-term success. It is important to commit to a plan...
- Everything You Need to Know About Spinal Stenosis Surgery
It is perfectly normal to feel nervous before a major surgical operation. In fact, it would be unusual to find a patient awaiting surgery who is not worried at all. The best way to alleviate some of the concerns is to let them know exactly what to expect beforehand by addressing some of the burning...
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- Dr. Don Owen Stovall M.D.2880 Tricom St Charleston SC 29406
- Dr. Bennett Douglas Grimm MD61 Whitcher St Ne Marietta GA 30060
- Dr. Yuehuei Huey An MD96 Jonathan Lucas St Charleston SC 29425
- Ms. Monica A Zilkoski MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Barton Lewis Sachs M.D.171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Joshua Hardy Lamb M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215