Dr. Frima Marquez is a speech language pathologist practicing in LAS CRUCES, NM. Dr. Marquez specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Marquez evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Marquez helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Frima Marquez SLP's Practice location
LAS CRUCES, NM 88011Get Direction
Ms. Frima Marquez SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Leslie A Costa-guerra MA., CCC-SLP505 S MAIN ST LAS CRUCES NM 88001
- Zully Garcia SLP1681 HICKORY LOOP LAS CRUCES NM 88005
- Carlos Bustamante301 PERKINS DR LAS CRUCES NM 88005
- Mrs. Lisa Sanchez Nielsen MA., CCC-SLP505 S MAIN ST LAS CRUCES NM 88001
- Mrs. Kristina Marie Nelson MA., CCC-SLP505 S MAIN ST LAS CRUCES NM 88001
- Maria Leslie Wandemberg301 PERKINS DR LAS CRUCES NM 88005