Dr. Eugene Bleecker practices Pulmonology in San Francisco, CA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Bleecker manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd), Asthma
- MemberJohns Hopkins Medical & Surgic
- Member Maryland Thoracic Society
- Member Amer Coll Of Chest Physicians
- Member Am Physiological Society
- Member Am Soc Of Human Genetics
- Member Am Academy Of Allergy & Immuno
- Member Gerontological Society Of Amer
- Kings County Hospital Center 1970
- Johns Hopkins University Affiliated Hospitals 1973
- Pulmonary Disease, University of California-San F 1975
Dr. Eugene Bleecker MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
WINSTON SALEM, NC 27157Get Direction
Dr. Eugene Bleecker MD's reviewsWrite Review
- FDA Approves Orkambi to Treat Young Children with Cystic Fibrosis
Orkambi is an oral drug developed by Vertex Pharmaceuticals and approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of cystic fibrosis (CF) in certain patient groups. It is the second drug to be approved for use in patients with CF, after Kalydeco. ...
- How Lung Transplants for Cystic Fibrosis Patients Have Changed
For those with cystic fibrosis (CF), lung infections are the greatest contributor to death. Lung inflammation, destruction, and chronic infection occurs due to the thick sticky mucus associated with CF.This over-proliferation of mucus occurs due to the mutated gene CFTR which is responsible for the...
- What This New Therapeutic Drug Trial Means for Cystic Fibrosis
If you have cystic fibrosis, chances are that at some point you have had difficulty breathing due to mucus build-up in your lungs. That thick mucus can make it more than just hard to breathe, as it can cause inflammation and increase your chance of injury. Clear airways may be just around the corner...
- Treatments for Bronchitis During Pregnancy
Although bronchitis can be a harmful illness to those who suffer from it, pregnant women may be more severely affected by the symptoms of bronchitis. Bronchitis can cause fetal complications for pregnant women who require constant oxygen levels to stay healthy. Since pregnancy weakens women's...
- What is a Lung Biopsy?
A lung biopsy is a medical procedure which involves removal of a small piece of lung tissue to examine it closely under a powerful microscope. Lung biopsy can be done in 4 different ways. However, the method used depends solely on the overall body health and the place of the lung where the sample is...
- Dr. Carolyn D. Welty M.D.2501 Ocean Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Guy Shir Livnat MD100a Drake's Landing Road Greenbrae CA 94904
- Dr. Theodore A. Omachi M.D.3333 California St San Francisco CA 94118
- Dr. Navdeep Singh MD19845 Lake Chabot Rd Castro Valley CA 94546
- Dr. Venktesh Rudrapatna Ramnath MD354 Texas Street San Francisco CA 94107
- Dr. Merrill Ralph Nisam MD100 A Drake's Landing Road Greenbrae CA 94904