Dr. Louis B Rapkin MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology5455 Meridian Mark Rd Ne Suite 400 Atlanta GA, 30342
Dr. Louis Rapkin is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Rapkin specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy with use of cone-down boost for pediatric head-and-neck rhabdomyosarcoma.
- The use of zoledronic acid in pediatric cancer patients.
- Preclinical high-dose acetaminophen with N-acetylcysteine rescue enhances the efficacy of cisplatin chemotherapy in atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumors.
- Platinum plus bortezomib for the treatment of pediatric renal medullary carcinoma: Two cases.
- Univ Of Tn Coll Of Med, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology; Baylor Coll Of Med, Pediatrics
Dr. Louis B Rapkin MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
PITTSBURGH, PA 15224Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
Dr. Louis B Rapkin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rapkin
mother of patient.
- Tips on How to Live with Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma, a type of cancer, adversely affects plasma cells, which are your immune system’s components. The American Cancer Society indicates that in 2014, more than 24,000 people in the United States had multiple myeloma.Multiple myeloma patients can lose their appetite due to the adverse...
- Life Lessons After Multiple Misdiagnoses of Lymphoma
28-year-old Jessica DeCristofaro had been coughing persistently and she was told by her doctor that it was a result of allergies. She even took medication for her supposed allergies over the course of two years. When the medication failed to improve her persistent cough, another doctor diagnosed her...
- Schools Join the Fight Against Lymphoma and Blood Cancers
Students at St. Paul Catholic School in Weirton, West Virginia have made their mark in the battle against cancer. By participating in a Student Series program hosted by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, students were able to raise $2,006.93 and donate the proceeds to discovering a cure for...
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to Expand Mission Against Blood Cancer
On July 19, 2017, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, or LLS, proclaimed that they would be expanding their initiative to beat acute myeloid leukemia. Referred to as "Beat AML Master Trial", the project aims to test new and innovative treatments for those suffering from AML. For more information...
- Nurse Donates Breast Milk for Lymphoma Patient's Baby
Ashley Chestnut, a mother of two children from La Vista, Nebraska, was breastfeeding her 5-month year old son Easton when she began to experience a sharp and sudden pain in her shoulder and chest. “All of a sudden a sharp pain in my shoulder and chest, it was like hitting a freight train. It was...
- Genetic Advancements in Lymphoma Treatment
Cancers are a huge focus for research. Millions of dollars every year are funneled into funding research that could improve treatment methods or find cures for cancer, including blood cancers. Diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL) is the most common form of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) accounting...
- Dr. Gena H Volas-redd MD790 CHURCH ST NE MARIETTA GA 30060
- Dr. Loretta Nastoupil M.D.1365c Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Suchita Pakkala MD1365c Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Charles Arthur Henderson MD1800 Howell Mill Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30318
- Dr. Omer Kucuk MD1365 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Craig C Hofmeister MD1365 CLIFTON RD NE ATLANTA GA 30322