Dr. Guillermo J Couchonnal MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease1010 Carondelet Dr Suite 329 Kansas City MO, 64114
Dr. Guillermo Couchonnal is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Couchonnal specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Univ Nac De Asuncion, Fac De Cien Med, Asuncion, Paraguay, 1971
Universidad Nacional De Asuncion, Facultad De Ciencias Medicas
Universidad Nacional Ecologica (UNE)
FAC DE CIEN MED U NAC DE ASUN 1971
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- Univ Of Ks Med Ctr, Infectious Diseases; Eastern Va Med Sch, Internal Medicine; Sentara Norfolk Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine; U Ma Mem Hlthcare-Mem Campus, Internal Medicine; Danbury Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Norfolk Community Hospital 1974
- University of Kansas (Wichita) Program
Dr. Guillermo J Couchonnal MD's Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64114Get Direction
Dr. Guillermo J Couchonnal MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Couchonnal
- What Is the Difference Between AIDS and HIV?
The main difference between AIDS and HIV is that HIV is a virus whereas AIDS is a condition that is caused by HIV. People often confuse HIV and AIDS. Different diagnoses are used to identify both HIV and AIDS. However, they are said to go hand-in-hand and are very often used interchangeably to...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Are the Different Stages of Syphilis?
Syphilis is a bacterial disease that is dangerous if not diagnosed early and treated. It is an infectious disease that spreads through sexual contact. It has 4 major stages but not all people go through these 4 stages. Still, it is important to get proper treatment. Syphilis has 4 stages in its...
- All About Early Disseminated Lyme Disease
What is Lyme disease and what causes it?Lyme disease is a bacterial infection commonly seen in North America and Europe. It is caused by a bacterium known as Borrelia burgdorferi. The bacteria is transmitted to humans through a tiny black-legged deer tick, which feeds on human blood....
- Can I Live a Normal Life with Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is caused by ticks where the bacteria enter the body through its bite. It takes about three to four days for the tick to settle in the body. The initial symptom of the bite is a rash. As the bacteria moves deeper into the system, the symptoms that can be experienced are muscle pain,...
- 5 Tips on Living with Cholera
Cholera, an acute infection that is characterized by diarrhea, is caused by Vibrio cholerae. These are among the most common organisms found on water surfaces of the world. It is caused by the enterotoxin subunit-A of Vibrio cholerae.When living with cholera, one has to have the basic knowledge of...
- Dr. Joel P. Mckinsey M.D.6400 Prospect Ave Kansas City MO 64132
- Dr. Joseph H Brewer M.D.4320 Wornall Rd Kansas City MO 64111
- Dr. Bridget Bransteitter DO19201 E Valley View Pkwy Independence MO 64055
- Dr. Raghavendra B. Adiga M.D.2525 Glenn Hendren Dr Liberty MO 64068
- Dr. Michael Luchi M.D.3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Valerie A Creswell MD1100 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214