Dr. Richard E Lutz MD
Geneticist | Clinical Genetics (M.D.)988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE, 68198
Dr. Richard Lutz practices Genetic Medicine in Omaha, NE. As a geneticist, Dr. Lutz performs experiments and analyzes data to interpret the inheritance of different traits in patients. A geneticist evaluates, diagnoses, and manages patients with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations, genetic risk calculations, and mutation analysis. Dr. Lutz carries out studies, tests, and counsels patients with genetic diseases.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1984
Medical GeneticsAmerican Board of Medical GeneticsABMG
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Diagnostic yield in the clinical genetic evaluation of autism spectrum disorders.
- Trinucleotide repeat disorders.
- Evaluation and comparison of safety, convenience and cost of administering intravenous pamidronate infusions to children in the home and ambulatory care settings.
- FOXG1 syndrome: genotype-phenotype association in 83 patients with FOXG1 variants.
Dr. Richard E Lutz MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68198Get Direction
Dr. Richard E Lutz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lutz
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- Is My Child More Likely to Develop Autism if a Blood Relative Has Autism?
Autism characterized by impaired social interactions reduced verbal and non-verbal communication and stereotyped behavior and activities. These symptoms appear in early childhood and impair or limit everyday functioning.Autism and geneticsResearchers believe that both environment and genetics play a...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- Dr. Lois Janelle Starr M.D.982185 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Eric Thomas Rush M.D.985440 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. William B Rizzo MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Bruce A Buehler MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Julia A Bridge MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Ann H Olney MD98810 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198