Dr. Valerie Edwards is a speech language pathologist practicing in BATAVIA, NY. Dr. Edwards specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Edwards evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Edwards helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
- Exposure to abuse, neglect, and household dysfunction among adults who witnessed intimate partner violence as children: implications for health and social services.
- Adverse childhood experiences, alcoholic parents, and later risk of alcoholism and depression.
- Adverse childhood experiences and personal alcohol abuse as an adult.
- Remembering and forgetting childhood sexual abuse.
- Adverse childhood experiences and the risk of depressive disorders in adulthood.
- Health-related quality of life among adults who experienced maltreatment during childhood.
- Activity limitation, chronic disease, and comorbid serious psychological distress in U.S. adults--BRFSS 2007.
- Adverse childhood experiences and the risk of premature mortality.
- Primary care, public health, and mental health.
- The role of state health departments in advancing a new mental health agenda.
- Adverse childhood experiences are associated with the risk of lung cancer: a prospective cohort study.
- Health-related outcomes of adverse childhood experiences in Texas, 2002.
- Adverse childhood experiences and sleep disturbances in adults.
- Adverse childhood experiences and smoking status in five states.
- Associations between adverse childhood experiences, psychological distress, and adult alcohol problems.
Mrs. Valerie Jean Edwards M.A., CCC/SLP's Practice location
BATAVIA, NY 14020Get Direction
Mrs. Valerie Jean Edwards M.A., CCC/SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Mrs. Pamela Konstantina Petrushesky SLP2486 MAIN RD EAST PEMBROKE NY 14056
- Mrs. Jean Fetzner Perkins MS ED SLP CCC L1878 ROUTE 77 STRYKERSVILLE NY 14145
- Mrs. Jody Lynne Vonsanden7063 COURT RD PAVILION NY 14525
- Kristine Henn4232 SHELBY BASIN RD MEDINA NY 14103
- Mrs. Trudy Ann Chapman MS9736 ALEXANDER RD ALEXANDER NY 14005
- Mrs. Susan Marie Steinwachs422 N MAIN ST WARSAW NY 14569