Dr. Leonard Wortley Aamodt MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)119 University Blvd Suite B Harrisonburg VA, 22801
Dr. Leonard Aamodt is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Harrisonburg, VA. Dr. Aamodt specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Aamodt can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Aamodt can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1986
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Skin Tag
- Madigan Army Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. Leonard Wortley Aamodt MD's Practice location
Dr. Leonard Wortley Aamodt MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Aamodt
- A More Accurate Measure of Obesity
According to a new study, many people who are listed as overweight as per their body mass index (BMI) scores may actually be classified as obese. “BMI along with the measures of the hormone leptin is a better way to measure obese people, especially those who are at increased risk of diabetes,...
- Why We Can’t Treat All Ovarian Cancer the Same Way
Over the last three decades, ovarian cancer survival rates have seen very little improvement. The current five-year survival rate for ovarian cancer is 43%, a low percentage that is a result of the fact that this type of cancer is difficult to detect and often goes undiagnosed until it has reached...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- What Exactly Does an OB-GYN Do?
IntroductionThe term "OB-GYN" is an abbreviation for obstetrician-gynecologist. An OB-GYN is a healthcare provider who specializes in female reproductive health, including pregnancy and childbirth. There are also OB-GYNs who offer general medical services that are similar to what primary care...
- What Are the Key Characteristics of Genital Herpes?
Genital herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus. There are two types of HSV: HSV-1, which mostly causes cold sores, and HSV-2, which mostly causes genital herpes.Some cases of genital herpes may also be caused by HSV-1. This sexually transmitted infection is quite common among the adult...
- Gastrointestinal Pain in Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a common gynecological problem affecting women in their reproductive age. It never occurs before puberty and it usually resolves after menopause.Endometriosis is a gynecological condition characterized by the growth of the endometrial tissue outside of the uterus. There are two...
- Dr. Philip A Klim D.O2291 Evelyn Byrd Ave Harrisonburg VA 22801
- Ms. Jennifer M Visger MD119 Univerisity Blvd Harrisonburg VA 22801
- Dr. Megan K Cassidy MD240 Lucy Dr Harrisonburg VA 22801
- Dr. Bryan Douglas Maxwell D.O.110 Houston St Lexington VA 24450
- Dr. Maribeth P Loynes M.D.2291 Evelyn Byrd Ave Harrisonburg VA 22801
- Dr. C. larry Whitten M.D.2291 Evelyn Byrd Ave Harrisonburg VA 22801