Dr. Stephen Montamat is an internist practicing in Boise, ID. Dr. Montamat specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Montamat provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Tx A & M Univ Coll Of Med- College Station Tx 1984
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
- Overcoming problems with polypharmacy and drug misuse in the elderly.
- Calcium antagonists in geriatric patients: diltiazem in elderly persons with hypertension.
- High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of diltiazem and its major metabolites, N-monodemethyldiltiazem and desacetyldiltiazem, in plasma.
- N-monodesmethyldiltiazem is the predominant metabolite of diltiazem in the plasma of young and elderly hypertensives.
- Acute and chronic studies of diltiazem in elderly versus young hypertensive patients.
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Abnormal Gait
- Vascular Disease
- Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Geriatric Medicine-Internal Medicine; Baylor Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
- U S DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Dr. Stephen C Montamat MD's Practice location
Dr. Stephen C Montamat MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- What Are Night Sweats: Get the Facts
What are night sweats?Night sweats are also called as nocturnal hyperhidrosis, which means excessive sweating during the night. Night sweats are episodes of continuous sweating at night even when the environmental temperature is very cold. Some people may sweat so extensively that they might find...
- Lyme Disease: Making a Diagnosis
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by four different species of bacteria. In Europe and Asia, it spreads through Borrelia afzelii and Borrelia garinii, while in the USA, it spreads through Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia mayonii. The disease is transmitted to humans via a common...
- Do Raspberry Ketones Promote Weight Loss?
What is Raspberry ketones?Raspberry ketones are compounds that create the unique aroma raspberries project. These ketones are used in foods and cosmetics for enhancing flavor and aroma in the product. The extracted ketones from the berries contain a large amount of phenolic compounds that help to...
- What Is a Normal Heart Rate?
What is heart rate?The heart rate is the number of heartbeats that occur per minute. The normal heart rate depends from person-to-person. As people get older, the heart rate changes and pulse regularity may change, which can signify heart problems or other medical conditions. Your heart rate may...
- Dr. Valerie Matthew MD777 N Raymond St Boise ID 83704
- Dr. John Michael Sadaj M.D.215 E Hawaii Ave Nampa ID 83686
- Dr. John E Guicheteau MD6094 W Emerald St Boise ID 83704
- Dr. Louis Michael Schlickman M.D.520 S Eagle Rd Meridian ID 83642
- Alice P Blake Other222 N 2nd St Boise ID 83702
- Jason Bronner MD823 Gateway Center Way San Diego CA 92102