Dr. Romuald Slota is an internist practicing in Richmond Hill, NY. Dr. Slota specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Slota provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Akademia Med- Lublin- Poland 1977
Medical University of Lublin 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Jamaica Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Jamaica Hospital Medical Center Program
Dr. Romuald Slota M.D.'s Practice location
Richmond Hill, NY 11418Get Direction
Dr. Romuald Slota M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Zika Virus Symptoms: What Is Zika Virus and Travel Recommendations
In 1947, the Zika virus was discovered and got its name from Uganda’s Zika Forest. The first human case of Zika was identified in 1952. Since then, outbreaks of the virus were reported in the Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, and Africa, although it was possible for Zika outbreaks to happen in...
- How Your Father’s Genes Can Affect Your Ovarian Cancer Risk
It is well known that inherited mutations in BRCA1/BRCA2 genes increase the risk of breast and ovarian cancers, as well as other types of cancer. An altered mutation in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene can be inherited from an individual’s mother or father. ...
- Your Friends Can Influence Your Drinking Habits
Analysis of data from the famous Framingham Heart Study showed that friends, relatives and others with whom you hang out with decide how much of alcohol you drink, if you drink alcohol. In this study, 12,067 people were followed up for more than 30 years to study the association between lifestyle...
- What is Herpes?
Herpes is a viral infection caused by the herpes simplex virus, which is of two types – herpes simplex type 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex type 2 (HSV-2). HSV-1 causes blisters and sores in and around mouth, referred to as cold sores, oral herpes, or fever blisters. In HSV-2 infection, sores are...
- Does Regular Exercise Affect Life Expectancy?
A recent study published in, The Lancet, shows that daily light exercise of 15 minutes per day can increase the life expectancy by three years and lower the risk of death by 14%. This is especially true in the case of people who are inactive. In this study, the researchers compared inactive people...
- What is Medicaid?
Medicaid is a health insurance program by the federal government to cover the finances for basic health and long-term care of low-income individuals. Unlike the Medicare, which is available to every citizen over the age of 65-years-old, Medicaid is available only for people with low-income, limited...
- Dr. Francisco Aquino Espino M.D. Plainview New York 11803
- Dr. Rafael Sezan M.D.135 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn NY 11218
- Ms. Christine Jankowski M.D.530 Hicksville Rd Bethpage New York 11714
- Dr. Gavriel Fuzaylov MD102-10 66th Rd Flushing New York 11375
- Dr. Katherine A. Gold M.D.5 Debevoise Street Brooklyn New York 11206
- Dr. Roger Alan Wooden MD233 Nostrand Ave Brooklyn New York 11205