Dr. Risheng Xu MD/PHD
Neurosurgeon1800 Orleans St Johns Hopkins Hospit Baltimore MD, 21287
Dr. Risheng Xu practices Neurological Surgery in Baltimore, MD. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Xu prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Dr. Risheng Xu MD/PHD's Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21287Get Direction
Dr. Risheng Xu MD/PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Xu
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Dr. Clifford T Solomon MD305 Hospital Dr Glen Burnie MD 21061
- Dr. Omar Akram Zalatimo MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Hatem S Abdo MD19 Fontana Ln Rosedale MD 21237
- Dr. Ronald J Cohen MD6565 N Charles St Towson MD 21204
- Dr. Rafael Tamargo M.D.1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Bizhan Aarabi MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201