Dr. Carolina Covarrubias MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry150 W 7th St San Pedro CA, 90731
Dr. Carolina Covarrubias is a psychiatrist practicing in San Pedro, CA. Dr. Covarrubias is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Covarrubias diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Covarrubias may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Covarrubias treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Dr. Carolina Covarrubias MD's Practice location
San Pedro, CA 90731Get Direction
LOS ANGELES, CA 90064Get Direction
Dr. Carolina Covarrubias MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Covarrubias
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Can You Overdose on Xanax? How Much Xanax Does it Take to Overdose?
Before Taking this DrugInform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions before taking Xanax (alprazolam):...
- The Top 10 Health Threats For Men
Here is a list of the top 10 dangerous diseases men can face in their lifetime. Don't be alarmed; many of these diseases are preventable and treatable. 1. Heart attack and cardiac arrestHeart attacks are caused by a blockage of any arteries that supply blood to the heart. Arteries can get clogged...
- Everything You Need To Know About Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) — also referred to as clinical depression — and Dysthymia are two of the most common types of depression. While there are some less common types too, MDD is a condition that is quite common among people today. In fact, according to the National Institute of...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Can Kava Relieve Anxiety? Learn the Truth About this Herbal Remedy
Many people suffering from anxiety disorders often turn to prescription drugs to ease their pain. While medications prescribed by your physician can be helpful, it is also useful to explore homeopathic remedies. Kava, also known as kava-kava, is a plant-based relaxant that has been used by Pacific...
- Dr. Deborah K. Lucas D.O.2400 East Katella Avenue Anaheim California 92806
- Dr. Sayeh Beheshti M.D.18141 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach CA 92648
- Dr. Carmen P. Gonzales-Nate M.D.3737 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Lynwood California 90262
- Dolores Fernandez Hernandez2460 Pine Avenue Long Beach California 90806
- Dr. Clifford L. Corman M.D.4281 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720
- Dr. Dainius Virgilius Mulokas M.D.414 26th St Santa Monica CA 90402