Dr. Thomas J. Schermerhorn M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)1234 Huffman Mill Rd Burlington NC, 27215
Dr. Thomas Schermerhorn is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Burlington, NC. Dr. Schermerhorn specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Schermerhorn can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Schermerhorn can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1998
Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences,Bethesda, Md, United States
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine 1989
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Vaginal Prolapse
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Member International Society of Cosmetogynecologists
- Member American Society of Bariatric Physicians
- Member American Society of Cosmetic Surgery
- Member American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Member American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Neurological Surgery
- Naval Medical Center San Diego 1996
- Naval Medical Center San Diego 1989
- Naval Aerospace Medical Institute 1990
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, US Naval Medical Center 1993
- Naval Medical Center (Portsmouth) Program
Dr. Thomas J. Schermerhorn M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Thomas J. Schermerhorn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schermerhorn
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- The Health Benefits of Vitamin A
Vitamin A is a group of fat soluble vitamins that plays a major role in the function of our immune system as well as in vision and cellular communication. Vitamin A serves several important functions that help us to maintain a healthy body. It is important in helping to keep our eyesight,...
- What You Need to Know About Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Testing
HPV is the most commonly spread sexually transmitted infection (STI). What people must know is that the HPV virus is a different virus from that of HIV and HSV (herpes). It is transmitted so often that almost everyone who participates in sexual activity will contract the virus at some time in...
- Why We Can’t Treat All Ovarian Cancer the Same Way
Over the last three decades, ovarian cancer survival rates have seen very little improvement. The current five-year survival rate for ovarian cancer is 43%, a low percentage that is a result of the fact that this type of cancer is difficult to detect and often goes undiagnosed until it has reached...
- Surgical Treatment for Endometriosis
Endometriosis is rare in puberty, even though signs and symptoms of endometriosis can start with the first menstrual period. After menopause, the signs and symptoms of endometriosis disappear due to the lack of hormones.As mentioned, there is no cure for endometriosis. However, treatment includes...
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- Dr. Sheronette A. Cousins M.D.1908 Lendew St Greensboro NC 27408
- Dr. Marie-Lyne Lavoie M.D.1908 Lendew Street Greensboro North Carolina 27408
- Dr. Chelsea Ward MD.1234 Huffman Mill Road Burlington NC 27215
- Dr. Michelle L Grewal M.D.1507 Westover Ter Greensboro NC 27408
- Dr. Chetanna I Okasi MD301 E Wendover Ave Greensboro NC 27401
- Dr. Vaishali Mody M.D.1908 Lendew St Greensboro NC 27408