Dr. Tamara Fortney is a speech language pathologist practicing in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA. Dr. Fortney specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Fortney evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Fortney helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Tamara L Fortney SLP-CCC's Practice location
LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677Get Direction
Ms. Tamara L Fortney SLP-CCC's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Mrs. Jill Christine Dews M.A. CCC-SLP7 MERRIWEATHER PLACE LADERA RANCH CA 92694
- Mrs. Kathleen Wilkes Rapp S.T.15351 TOURAINE WAY IRVINE CA 92604
- Ms. Suzanne Joy Iwai M.A., SLP23361 MADERO MISSION VIEJO CA 92691
- Mrs. Sharon Ann Valdes-dolphin M.A., CCC-SLP18350 MOUNT LANGLEY ST FOUNTAIN VALLEY CA 92708
- Jamie Saati MA CCC-SLP41 DANBURY LN IRVINE CA 92618
- Angela Ngoc minh Vu MS, CCC-SLP1301 W PROVIDENCE AVE ORANGE CA 92868