Dr. Karin A Sloan M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease725 Albany St Shapiro 9, Suite B Boston MA, 02118
Dr. Karin Sloan practices Pulmonology in Boston, MA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Sloan manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Karin A Sloan M.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02118Get Direction
NORWELL, MA 02061Get Direction
- RSV Symptoms
What is RSV?RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is a common virus that usually affects the respiratory tract. It can cause colds in adults and older children, but may cause serious lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchiolitis in babies and immunocompromised individuals. CausesRSV is only...
- Everything You Need to Know About Bronchitis
Bronchitis is a common medical condition affecting people worldwide, regardless of their age and sex. However, bronchitis tends to affect young children and infants, as well as people who have chronic medical conditions, especially chronic conditions affecting the lungs and heart.Bronchitis is an...
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis: A Disease That Might Spread Beyond the Lungs
What is pulmonary tuberculosis?Pulmonary tuberculosis or (TB) indicates a contagious bacterial infection involving the lungs but can also spread to various parts of the human body.What are the symptoms of pulmonary tuberculosis?People suffering from this lung condition would commonly experience the...
- Hookah Health Facts: Is It Safe?
What is a hookah?Hookahs are basically water pipes that are used for smoking. Specially made tobaccos for hookah smoking are available in various flavors such as chocolate, watermelon, apple, mint, coconut, cherry, and licorice. Even though others feel that smoking hookah is a safer alternative to...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- How This Journalist Became a Champion of Cystic Fibrosis Awareness
New York journalist Scott Pelley is being celebrated by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for his tremendous efforts to CF awareness. Read on to learn more.For people who don't have any personal connection to cystic fibrosis, the condition is often overlooked. The general public doesn't really know...
- Dr. Martin F. Joyce-Brady MD Boston Massachusetts 02118
- Dr. Jessica Brenna Mccannon MDMassachusetts General Hospital Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Maya Berdzenishvili M.D.1575 Cambridge St Cambridge MA 02138
- Dr. Melissa Hoffman Tukey MD725 Albany St Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Tanya G Weinstock MD133 BROOKLINE AVE BOSTON MA 02215
- Dr. Erik Eduardo Folch MD, MSC185 Pilgrim Rd Boston MA 02215