Dr. Ernest D. Gutmann MD
Ophthalmologist5015 N Paulina St Suite 204 Chicago IL, 60640
Dr. Ernest Gutmann is an ophthalmologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Gutmann specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Gutmann can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Gutmann can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins Univ Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1972
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 1972
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Cataract Surgery, Dry Eyes, Laser Surgery And More
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
Dr. Ernest D. Gutmann MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60640Get Direction
Dr. Ernest D. Gutmann MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gutmann
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- What Specialists Treat Cataracts?
Cataracts are defined as the clouding of lens in your eye. The clear lens of your eye becomes increasingly foggy causing a great deal of issues with eyesight. The effects of cataracts can be felt more strongly at night sometimes due to the poor visibility conditions which prevail already. Cataracts...
- Vision Problems in Children
A child’s eyesight develops over time, starting with the ability to see objects 8 to 10 inches from their face. The child's eyesight improves gradually between the ages of 12-weeks-old to 16-weeks-old, to which they are able to see objects from farther away. Vision problems in children arise...
- 6 Helpful Tips for Good Eye Health
Nutrients for good visionMany studies have show that nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E help to prevent eye disorders associated with aging.Some foods that may help to maintain eye health include:...
- Dr. Dimitri G. Perros M.D.800 Austin Evanston Illinois 60202
- Dr. Mark I. Golden M.D.875 North Michigan Avenue Chicago Illinois 60611
- Kyle Blair DO2454 E Dempster St. Des Plaines Illinois 60016
- Dr. James Reidy MD60 East Delaware Place Chicago IL 60611
- Manvi Prakash Maker2050 Pfingsten Road Glenview Illinois 60026
- Dr. Deepa G. Reddy M.D.1900 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612