Dr. Sylvia Cerel is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Lexington, KY. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Cerel is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 1991
Stanford University School of Medicine 1991
- Univ Of Ky Hosp-Chandler Mc, Family Practice Univ Of Ky Hosp-Chandler Mc, Pediatrics
Dr. Sylvia Lee Cerel MD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
LEXINGTON, KY 40503Get Direction
Dr. Sylvia Lee Cerel MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- What Causes Heat Exhaustion?
Heat exhaustion is a condition that results from dehydration due to exposure to very high temperatures. Heat exhaustion is categorized into two types based on the underlying changes in the body – exhaustion due to depletion of water and exhaustion due to depletion of salt. When the condition...
- How to prevent Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common problem encountered by many people especially middle aged and elderly individuals. It has many causes, from acute injuries to complications of medical conditions, such as arthritis. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.Knee pain is generally divided...
- What Should I Know About Blood Clots?
Blood flows continuously through blood vessels and supplies nutrients and oxygen to different parts of the body. At the site of an injury, a blood clot prevents excess bleeding. Under normal conditions, blood clots are lifesaving. When the clot is formed as a part of normal repair process in the...
- How Long Can Shin Splints Last?
Shin splints are a common condition that affects athletes and those who involve themselves in high-intensity sports and in sports like basketball, soccer, and tennis. Shin splints cause a very severe pain on the inner aspect of the shin bone at the beginning or at the end of each exercise. It is a...
- Can I Walk if I Have Shin Splints?
Shin splints refer to the pain you feel in the inner aspect of your shin bone. It is common among athletes and those involved with high-intensity exercises.Symptoms of Shin SplintsIf you have shin splints, you may develop a severe pain either at the beginning or at the end of your run or workout. If...
- Dr. Jayesh Kishor Patel M.D.740 S Limestone Street K 431 Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Milton Kyle Smoot M.D.2195 HARRODSBURG RD LEXINGTON KY 40504
- Dr. Robert Grant M.D.601 Perimeter Dr Lexington KY 40517
- Dr. Christian Lattermann MD740 S Limestone Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. William Benjamin Kibler M.D.700 Bob O Link Dr Lexington KY 40504
- Dr. Trevor Wilkes M.D.700 Bob O Link Dr Lexington KY 40504