Dr. Robert A Stephenson M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology1950 Circle Of Hope Dr Salt Lake City UT, 84112
Dr. Robert Stephenson practices Pediatric Urology in Salt Lake City, UT. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Stephenson is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Stephenson performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1978
- Prostate cancer trends in the era of prostate-specific antigen. An update of incidence, mortality, and clinical factors from the SEER database.
- General quality of life 2 years following treatment for prostate cancer: what influences outcomes? Results from the prostate cancer outcomes study.
- Patient satisfaction with treatment decisions for clinically localized prostate carcinoma. Results from the Prostate Cancer Outcomes Study.
- Renal cell carcinoma in horseshoe kidney with vena caval involvement.
- Biochemical failure in men following radical retropubic prostatectomy: impact of
- 5-year urinary and sexual outcomes after radical prostatectomy: results from the prostate cancer outcomes study.
- Isolated seminal vesicle invasion imparts better outcomes after radical retropubic prostatectomy for clinically localized prostate cancer: prognostic stratification of pt3b disease by nodal and margin status.
- Risk stratification for positive lymph nodes in prostate cancer.
- 5-year urinary and sexual outcomes after radical prostatectomy: results from the Prostate Cancer Outcomes Study.
- Seven prostate cancer susceptibility loci identified by a multi-stage genome-wide association study.
- A meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies to identify prostate cancer susceptibility loci associated with aggressive and non-aggressive disease.
- Identification of specific Y chromosomes associated with increased prostate cancer risk.
- Prostate cancer risk prediction based on complete prostate cancer family history.
- Inherited Variants in SULT1E1 and Response to Abiraterone Acetate by Men with Metastatic Castration Refractory Prostate Cancer.
- Relative Risks for Lethal Prostate Cancer Based on Complete Family History of Prostate Cancer Death.
- Mem Sloan-Kettering Cancer Ctr, Urology Stanford Univ Hosp, Urology Stanford Univ Hosp, General Surgery Ucla Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Robert A Stephenson M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84112Get Direction
Dr. Robert A Stephenson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stephenson
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...