Dr. David Powell is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Powell specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Powell typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1978
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Univ Of Ky Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. David Clifton Powell MD's Practice location
Raleigh, NC 27609Get Direction
Knightdale, NC 27545Get Direction
Raleigh, NC 27614Get Direction
Dr. David Clifton Powell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Powell
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Dr. Kirk Berry Faust MD2800 Blue Ridge Road Raleigh NC 27607
- Abdul Chaudhry Other3214 Charles B Root Wynd Raleigh NC 27612
- Dr. Jerry Archibald Stirman MD2800 Blue Ridge Road Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Alvan W Atkinson MD3214 Charles B Root Wynd Raleigh NC 27612
- Dr. William A Killinger MD3000 New Bern Ave Raleigh NC 27610
- Dr. David H Harpole M.D.4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704