Dr. Alan Matson is a radiologist practicing in Munster, IN. Dr. Matson specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Rush Med Coll of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 1994
Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center 1994
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Mammogram (breast X-ray)
- Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, Diagnostic Radiology; West Suburban Hosp Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Rush Presby St Luke's M C
- Rush University Medical Center
- Colorado Health Foundation Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center Program
Alan Howard Matson M. D.'s Practice location
Munster, IN 46321Get Direction
ELGIN, IL 60123Get Direction
Alan Howard Matson M. D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Sudheer Paruchuri MD1201 S Main St Crown Point IN 46307
- Myrosia T. Mitchell M.D.4440 W 95TH ST OAK LAWN IL 60453
- Jay L. Korach M.D.7905 Calumet Munster IN 46321
- Steven R Klepac MD4440 W 95th St Oak Lawn IL 60453
- Luis Alberto Landeras MD5841 S MARYLAND AVE CHICAGO IL 60637
- Calvin Javier MD2701 W 68th St Chicago IL 60629