Dr. Janice Shook is a speech language pathologist practicing in LONG BEACH, MS. Dr. Shook specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Shook evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Shook helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Janice Victoria Shook M.S.,CCC-SLP's Practice location
LONG BEACH, MS 39560Get Direction
Janice Victoria Shook M.S.,CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Autism?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects an individual's communication, social, and interpersonal skills. For individuals with this neurological disorder, their normal brain development supporting communication and social skills are impaired. Autism is also known as autism spectrum disorder...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Dr. Peter J Ganley SC.D.400 VETERANS AVE BILOXI MS 39531
- Mrs. Allison C. Brown CCC-SP13500 THREE RIVERS RD GULFPORT MS 39503
- Traci Hydrick Collinsworth M.S., CCC-SLP14057 DUNNBARTON DR GULFPORT MS 39503
- Mrs. Billi J Sumrall MS CCC/SLP13053 WOODBRIDGE CT GULFPORT MS 39503
- Annette T. Fertitta CCC/SLP16237 OLD WOOLMARKET ROAD BILOXI MS 39532
- Ms. Kimberly Breland M.ED CCC/SLP18030 CYPRESS POINTE DR GULFPORT MS 39503