Dr. Karen Kuhn Ballen MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology55 Fruit St Yaw 7 Boston MA, 02114
Dr. Karen Ballen is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Ballen specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Manipulation of the stem cell as a target for hematologic malignancies.
- Variables to predict engraftment of umbilical cord blood into immunodeficient mice: usefulness of the non-obese diabetic--severe combined immunodeficient assay.
- Neuroendocrine carcinoma in a patient with hairy cell leukemia: a case report.
- New trends in umbilical cord blood transplantation.
- Adhesion receptor expression by CD34+ cells from peripheral blood or bone marrow
- Treatment-related myelodysplasia/AML in a patient with a history of breast cancer and an oligodendroglioma treated with temozolomide: case study and review of the literature.
- Double cord blood transplants: filling a niche?
- Preinfusion variables predict the predominant unit in the setting of reduced-intensity double cord blood transplantation.
- Advances in umbilical cord blood transplantation.
- Autologous SCT with a dose-reduced BU and CY regimen in older patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- High-resolution HLA matching in double-umbilical-cord-blood reduced-intensity transplantation in adults.
- The role of HLA in umbilical cord blood transplantation.
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome.
- No increased mortality from donor or recipient hepatitis B- and/or hepatitis C-positive serostatus after related-donor allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation.
- The expanding frontier of hematopoietic cell transplantation.
- A Dose-Ranging Study of IV BNZ-1 in LGL Leukemia or Refractory CTCL
- Safety Study of Unlicensed, Investigational Cord Blood Units Manufactured by the NCBP for Unrelated Transplantation
- Ibrutinib Before and After Stem Cell Transplant in Treating Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Beth Israel Deaconess Hp M C, Internal Medicine
Dr. Karen Kuhn Ballen MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22908Get Direction
Dr. Karen Kuhn Ballen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ballen
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- The Lymphoma Research Foundation Announces Partnership with the Annals of Lymphoma
The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) is the nation’s largest non-profit organization for lymphoma research, and they just announced their partnership with the Annals of Lymphoma (AOL). This was all revealed in September during Blood Cancer Awareness Month. LRF is devoted to exclusively funding...
- Tips on How to Live with Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma, a type of cancer, adversely affects plasma cells, which are your immune system’s components. The American Cancer Society indicates that in 2014, more than 24,000 people in the United States had multiple myeloma.Multiple myeloma patients can lose their appetite due to the adverse...
- Promising Results for Hodgkin Patients Using This Therapy
Researcher Dr. Bradford S. Hoppe and his colleagues at the University of Florida College of Medicine have recently found that the addition of proton therapy to first-line chemotherapy regimens may improve outcomes for patients with Hodgkin lymphoma.Lymphoma is classically treated with both...
- Dance Mom Abby Lee Miller Diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Abby Lee Miller, known for her brutal dance instruction and demanding style of training, is as recognized for her tirades as she is for her long-running hit reality show Dance Moms.Abby inherited the love of dance from her late mother and started her own dance company at just 14 years old. She...
- Seven-year-old Lymphoma Ninja Warrior Fights Through 500 Days of Chemo
In some ways, Von Kleiv is an ordinary 7-year-old boy. He goes to Welch Elementary School in Dover, Delaware. He’s in second grade. He’s getting into karate, and just broke his first wooden board at his first demonstration. People know him as a boy warrior with a strong spirit. He is optimistic,...
- Dr. Bruno Bastos M.D.44 Binney St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Gary M. Strauss M.D.18 Acron Road Brookline Massachusetts 2445
- Prabhsimranjot Singh MD17 Faxon St Newton Massachusetts 02458
- Dr. Susan Tinsley Schumer Other2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls MA 02462
- Dr. Leonard Joseph Appleman MD44 Binney St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Judy Ellen Garber M.D.44 Binney St Boston MA 02115