David F Yankelevitz MD
Radiologist | Diagnostic Radiology1900 Hempstead Tpke Suite 500 East Meadow NY, 11554
Dr. David Yankelevitz is a radiologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Yankelevitz specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1981
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1981
Nuclear MedicineAmerican Board of Nuclear MedicineABNM
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Evaluation of diagnostic imaging tests: diagnostic probability estimation.
- Screening for lung cancer.
- The solitary pulmonary nodule.
- The radiologic appearance of solitary pulmonary nodules and their cytologic-histologic correlation.
- CT screening for lung cancer.
- Early lung cancer action project: initial findings on repeat screenings.
- Screening for lung cancer: the early lung cancer action approach.
- Mammographic screening: no reliable supporting evidence?
- Computed tomography screening for lung cancer.
- Severe crushed chest injury with large flail segment: computed tomographic three-dimensional reconstruction.
- CT screening for lung cancer: frequency and significance of part-solid and nonsolid nodules.
- CT screening for lung cancer: the first ten years.
- Small stage I cancers of the lung: genuineness and curability.
- CT screening for lung cancer.
- Randomized controlled trials and cancer screening.
- Ny & Presby Hp-Cornell Campus, Diagnostic Radiology; Ny & Presby Hp-Cornell Campus, Nuclear Medicine; Long Island Coll Hosp, Diagnostic Radiology; Staten Island Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Long Island College Hospital
- Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, NY
- Cornell Univ. Medical College
- New York Presbyterian Hospital Program
David F Yankelevitz MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10029Get Direction
East Meadow, NY 11554Get Direction
David F Yankelevitz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yankelevitz
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Victor Scarmato MD2201 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554
- Janet R Szabo M.D.1900 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554
- Corey D. Eber M.D.1900 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554
- Jack Rabinowitz MD1900 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554
- Robert Lookstein MD1900 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554
- George Hermann MD1900 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554