Dr. Medwell completed his General Surgery Residency and was a Clinical Surgical Research Fellow, for the American Cancer Society at Swedish Hospital Medical Center in Seattle, Wash. He completed a Col ...
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1973
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
- 2011 Seattle Super Doctors
- The Harry E. Bacon Foundation Award
- Outstanding Teacher Award, 1996 University of Washington Medical Center, Dept. of Surgery - 1996 & 199
- 2004 magazine Top Doctors - 2004 through 2009
- 2006 magazine Top Doctors - 2006 through 2010.
- Anal Surgery, Colonoscopy, Crohn's Disease And More
- MemberKing County Medical Society, Washington State Medical Association, American College of Surgeons, Ame
- Ferguson Hosp, Colon And Rectal Surgery; Swedish Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Swedish Medical Center, Seattle
- Ferguson Hosp, Colon And Rectal Surgery Swedish Med Ctr, General Surgery
Experience & Accolades
- MemberSwedish Family Medicine University of Washington School of Surgery,
- Medicine, Clinical Assoc. Professor (2014)
- Member Swedish Hospital Medical Center
- Member Department of Surgery
- Member Outstanding Teacher Award, Swedish Hospital Medical Center
- Member Department of Surgery,
- Member Swedish Family Medicine University of Washington School of Surgery,
- Medicine, Clinical Assoc. Professor (1978)
Dr. Steven J Medwell MD's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98122Get Direction
Dr. Steven J Medwell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Medwell
- What Is an Anal Fissure?
What is an anal fissure?The anal canal is a short tube surrounded by muscle at the end of the rectum. An anal fissure is a small crack, tear, or rip in the anal canal lining. Anal fissure is often very small, but can cause you severe pain. The pain gets worse after passing stool and normally last...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Treatments for Anal Fissure and Which Specialist Should I Consult?
Anal fissure is an impairment of the wall of the anus. It usually does not come with a lot of medical complications. Nonetheless, it should be treated with urgency, since it can make life very uncomfortable for you. Anal Fissure SymptomsAnal fissure comes with a number of symptoms. Since some of...
- Recovering From Anal Fissure Surgery
An anal fissure is normally the result of the overstretching of the anal mucosa or moist tissue. It can overstretch due to a number of reasons such as passing extra-large and/or hard stools, constipation, low blood flow to the area, excessive diarrhea, dietary choices, and childbirth among others....
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- Dr. Daniel Paul Froese MD1221 Madison St Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Oliver Robert Biggers MD1370 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. Mitra Ehsan MD1135 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. Tal R Raphaeli MD1125 Cypress Station Dr Houston TX 77090
- Dr. Jennifer Kim Lee M.D.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Christine C Jensen MD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195