Dr. Salil Bakshi M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Obstetrics971 Montauk Hwy Oakdale NY, 11769
Dr. Salil Bakshi is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Oakdale, NY. Dr. Bakshi specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Bakshi can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Bakshi can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 1994
Stony Brook University School of Medicine 1994
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Premenstrual Syndrome (pms)
- Genital Warts
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Menstrual Cramps
- Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- University Hospital - SUNY at Stony Brook Program
Dr. Salil Bakshi M.D.'s Practice location
Oakdale, NY 11769Get Direction
Dr. Salil Bakshi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bakshi
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Peritoneal Cancer?
Peritoneum refers to the thin tissue lining of the abdominal cavity that protects the organs within the cavity. Fluid produced by the peritoneal tissue keeps the organs moist and allows smooth movement of the organs within the cavity. This epithelial tissue lining covers multiple organs, like...
- Appendicitis During Pregnancy: Signs and Symptoms
Appendicitis During Pregnancy: Signs and SymptomsAppendicitis is a condition which occurs in about 1 in 1000 pregnancies. While it is most common during first 2 trimesters, it can occur in the last trimester too. It’s often hard for the pregnant woman to identify the signs and symptoms of...
- Is Ovarian Cancer Terminal?
Let’s answer the question first: It depends on the stage of the disease. There are four stages of ovarian cancer, and the third and fourth are the most dangerous. The bad thing is that most cases of ovarian cancer are diagnosed in the later stages of the disease, when little can be done to save...
- What is Candidal Vaginitis?
Candidal vaginitis is an infection of the vagina. C. albicans is the major cause; however, yeast and Candida sp are also responsible for this infection. Women account for 15 – 20%, while expectant mothers account for 20 - 40% of candida vaginitis. Candida vaginitis infection risk factors...
- Ovary Removal Does Not Raise Your Risk for Heart Disease
A review of data from a major women’s health study failed to find a significant association between ovary removal during a hysterectomy and an increased risk of heart disease. This is in contrast to the results published from another large study that reported that the risk of heart disease...
- Syphilis Symptoms
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that can cause serious health problems when left untreated. This is caused by a type of bacteria known as Treponema pallidum. This disease can be treated easily in its earlier stage with the right medication. Early diagnosis and knowing the early...
- James R. Stelling2500 Nesconset Hwy Stony Brook NY 11790
- Dr. Bernardita T. Lazo M.D.1035 PARK BLVD MASSAPEQUA PARK NY 11762
- Dr. Karen Moriarty Morris M.D.180 E PULASKI RD HUNTINGTON STATION NY 11746
- Paul Louis Lograno Other118 N Country Rd Port Jefferson NY 11777
- Dr. Benjamin Michael Schwartz MD404 Potter Blvd Brightwaters NY 11718
- Dr. Philip John Makowski MD2 Coraci Blvd Shirley NY 11967