Dr. Grant D. Barish M.D.
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism3350 La Jolla Village Dr San Diego CA, 92161
Dr. Grant Barish practices Endocrinology in San Diego, CA. Dr. Barish specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Barish examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 2000
University of Mi Med Sch 1998
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Membrane-anchored plakoglobins have multiple mechanisms of action in Wnt signaling.
- A comparative evaluation of beta-catenin and plakoglobin signaling activity.
- PPARs and the complex journey to obesity.
- PPARs and LXRs: atherosclerosis goes nuclear.
- A nuclear strike against Listeria--the evolving life of LXR.
- Pregnane X receptor prevents hepatorenal toxicity from cholesterol metabolites.
- A Nuclear Receptor Atlas: macrophage activation.
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors and liver X receptors in atherosclerosis and immunity.
- PPAR delta: a dagger in the heart of the metabolic syndrome.
- Nuclear receptor ERR alpha and coactivator PGC-1 beta are effectors of IFN-gamma-induced host defense.
- PPARdelta regulates multiple proinflammatory pathways to suppress atherosclerosis.
- Bcl-6 and NF-kappaB cistromes mediate opposing regulation of the innate immune response.
- NCoR1 is a conserved physiological modulator of muscle mass and oxidative function.
- Cryptochromes mediate rhythmic repression of the glucocorticoid receptor.
- The LPS2 mutation in TRIF is atheroprotective in hyperlipidemic low density lipoprotein receptor knockout mice.
- Insights into negative regulation by the glucocorticoid receptor from genome-wide profiling of inflammatory cistromes.
- A vitamin D receptor/SMAD genomic circuit gates hepatic fibrotic response.
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation.
- Rescue of a primary myelofibrosis model by retinoid-antagonist therapy.
- Adiponectin expression protects against angiotensin II-mediated inflammation and accelerated atherosclerosis.
- A role for WDR5 in integrating threonine 11 phosphorylation to lysine 4 methylation on histone H3 during androgen signaling and in prostate cancer.
- Macrophage polarization phenotype regulates adiponectin receptor expression and adiponectin anti-inflammatory response.
- Dependence of hippocampal function on ERRγ-regulated mitochondrial metabolism.
- Pancreatic β cell enhancers regulate rhythmic transcription of genes controlling insulin secretion.
- A Stringent Systems Approach Uncovers Gene-Specific Mechanisms Regulating Inflammation.
- Univ Ca Sf Sch Of Med, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Dr. Grant D. Barish M.D.'s Practice location
San Diego, CA 92161Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60611Get Direction
Dr. Grant D. Barish M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barish
- Why Does a Patient's Breath Smell like Acetone?
Perhaps the most common reason of bad breath is poor oral health, infections of gums (called gingivitis), or even a more severe problem call periodontitis. But if a patient's breath smells like acetone, then the reason may not involve the oral cavity. It could actually mean that the patient is...
- Bret Michaels Rocks Diabetes: An Update on his Health
Bret Michaels is a successful, world-renown singer and songwriter who has sold an impressive number of 35 million records across the globe.Although he has been singing for more than 3 decades, his latest achievements include winning the “Celebrity Apprentice 3”. He was also awarded as the No. 1...
- The New Stem Cell Treatment that May Finally Cure Diabetes
Diabetes happens to be one of the most common diseases in the world, and it can hit anyone regardless of gender and age. In fact, cases of diabetes spiked in America just last year. The World Health Organization predicts that the number of people who have diabetes will increase twice as much by the...
- What It's Like to Live with Type 2 Diabetes
Adapting to a healthier dietA type 2 diabetes patient needs to shift from an unhealthy diet and adapt to a much healthier diet. The recommended diet for type 2 diabetes patients includes three healthy daily meals. A type 2 diabetes patient is at risk of developing cardiovascular problems, so the...
- Why Does Diabetes Cause Severe Headaches?
Diabetes is a serious health issue in America, mainly as a result of the increasing obesity rate. The symptoms or effects of diabetes include blurred vision or blindness, loss of limbs and sensitivity to certain foods, and more recently, headaches. Diabetes is considered a serious health condition...
- Dr. Georges Maxime Argoud M.D.855 3rd Ave Chula Vista CA 91911
- Dr. Heather Leigh Hofflich DO8939 Villa La Jolla Dr La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Kalman Eugen Holdy M.D.7920 Frost St San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Steven V Edelman M.D.200 W Arbor Dr San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Brian Peter First M.D.4282 Genesee Ave San Diego CA 92117
- Dr. Gerard Irvelt Bazile MD8525 Gibbs Dr San Diego CA 92123