Dr. Charles Buckingham is a general surgeon practicing in Sherman, TX. Dr. Buckingham specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Buckingham provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1963
Texas A&M University, TX 1964
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Univ Tx Med Branch Hosps, General Surgery John P Smith Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- U Tex Med Br
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Program
Dr. Charles G Buckingham MD's Practice location
Sherman, TX 75092Get Direction
Sherman, TX 75092Get Direction
Dr. Charles G Buckingham MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Buckingham
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- What to Expect if You Need a Hysterectomy
What is Uterus?Uterus is a hollow muscular and inverted pear shaped structure. It lies in the pelvic cavity between the urinary bladder and the rectum. It is attached by ligaments to the pelvic wall. The uterus consists of a body called corpus a narrow uterine cavity called internal Os and the...
- What Is a Thyroid Biopsy?
In a thyroid biopsy, a small tissue sample of your thyroid gland is removed and then examined under a microscope to test for an infection, cancer cells, and other thyroid disorders. The thyroid is a small gland located in lower part of the neck, just below the larynx. The gland's main function is...
- How is the Recovery for a Cholecystectomy?
How long does it take for you to recover from a cholecystectomy? The length of the recovery period depends on whether you had a laparoscopic or open cholecystectomy. Many people who have keyhole surgery are released from the hospital the same day of the surgery. It may take up to 2 weeks for these...
- Everything You Need to Know About Gallbladder Surgery
Open gallbladder removal, also known as open cholecystectomy, is a surgical operation removing the gallbladder. The objective of the procedure is to offer permanent relief from gallbladder-related problems such as gallstones. During the surgery, a large incision is made in the abdomen and used to...
- When Is Thyroid Surgery Necessary?
Overview of ThyroidectomyHypothyroidism, as the name indicates, refers to an underactive form of the thyroid gland. It means that the thyroid gland fails to produce a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones in the body. The removal of the thyroid gland will further reduce the production of hormones,...
- Dr. Clint A Hayes MD1701 N Us Hwy 75 Sherman TX 75090
- Dr. Christopher F Lucchese DO300 N Highland Ave Sherman TX 75092
- Dr. Rolando P Oro M.D.5012 S Us Highway 75 Denison TX 75020
- Dr. Cody Starnes M.D.300 N. Highland Ave. Sherman TX 75092
- Dr. Mark Edward Dickson MD3305 N Calais St Sherman TX 75090
- Dr. Kenton P Schrank MD300 N Highland Ave Sherman TX 75092