Dr. Tami Houser is a speech language pathologist practicing in CORTEZ, CO. Dr. Houser specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Houser evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Houser helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Tami Jean Houser MED-CCC-SLP's Practice location
CORTEZ, CO 81321Get Direction
Mrs. Tami Jean Houser MED-CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Mrs. Anne Marie Current24282 COUNTY ROAD K.7 CORTEZ CO 81321
- Ms. Anne C. Stevenson SLP850 CHERRY ST CORTEZ CO 81321
- Tracye A Lederer M.A.1131 N. MILDRED RD. CORTEZ CO 81321
- Mr. Kevin Ray Keith MS CCC SLP20 S MARKET CORTEZ CO 81323
- Dr. Christina Boover Lawrence AU.D., CCC-A/SLP515 Grand Ave Mancos CO 81328
- Mr. Nicholas Fredrick Lawrence515 GRAND AVE MANCOS CO 81328