Dr. Jahanara Reza is a hospitalist practicing in Newburgh, NY. Dr. Reza specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Reza manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Reza works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Education and Training
Dhaka Medical College Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery 1996
American Board for Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Bangladesh Medical Associates
- Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council
- Brookdale Hospital Medical Center Internal Medicine 2009
- Kern Medical Internal Medicine 2010
- Mountainside Hospital Adult Internal Medicine 2011
- Dhaka Medical College and Hospital Surgery 1997
- Dhaka Medical College and Hospital Medicine 1996
- Mountainside Hospital Adult (Internal Medicine) (2011); Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (1996); Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (1997); Brookdale Hospital Medical Center (Internal Medicine) (2009); Kern Medical (2010)
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians, Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council, Bangladesh Medical Associates
- St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital
Dr. Dr. Jahanara Reza's Practice location
Newburgh, NY 12550Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Dr. Jahanara Reza | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Dr. Jahanara Reza's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Reza
et to know Internist Dr. Jahanara Reza, who serves patients in Newburgh, New York.
Fluent in both English and Bengali, Dr. Reza is a board-certified internist who can be found on staff at Montefiore St. Luke’s Cornwall in Newburgh, New York.
Montefiore St. Luke’s Cornwall is a not-for-profit hospital dedicated to serving the health care needs of those in the Hudson Valley. In January 2016, St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital partnered with the Montefiore Health System, making MSLC part of the leading organization in the country for population health management. With dedicated staff, modern facilities, and state-of-the-art treatment, the hospital is committed to meeting the needs of the community and continuing to aspire to excellence.
For the purpose of advancing her efforts, Dr. Reza remains a member of the American College of Physicians, the Bangladesh Medical Associates, and the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. She is board-certified in internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine, a physician-led, non-profit, independent evaluation organization driven by doctors who want to achieve higher standards for better care in a rapidly changing world.
The doctor’s acclaimed career in medicine began in 1996 after she earned her medical degree from Dhaka Medical College and Hospital in Bangladesh. Upon relocating to the United States, she went on to complete her internship in internal medicine at Brookdale Hospital Medical Center in New York, followed by her residency in internal medicine at Kern Medical in California. She also completed an additional residency in internal medicine at Mountainside Hospital in New Jersey.
Internal medicine is the medical specialty dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases. Physicians specializing in internal medicine are called internists. They manage and prevent common and complex diseases by providing comprehensive care and promoting overall well-being.
- Holistic Treatments for Jock Itch
Western medicine has progressed remarkably in shaping healthcare and wellness therapies. There are scores of medicines that are useful in the treatment of a fungal infections like jock itch. The problem lies in the side effects of antifungal medicines, especially drugs like corticosteroids.Medicines...
- What a Migraine Really Is: Know the Facts
What is a migraine?A migraine refers to a type of headache, which commonly attacks one side of the head, although the condition can also happen on both sides of the head. Migraine pain is always intense, throbbing, and severe. If you have a migraine, you are also likely to experience a headache that...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Is Physical Therapy Meant for Short-term Use?
Short-term physical therapy provides treatment for patients recovering from an accident, surgery, or illness. Generally, people requiring short-term therapies might remain involved in certain programs for a couple of days or weeks.Physical therapy helps patients achieve their maximum functional...
- What is the Link between Magnesium and Restless Legs Syndrome?
Magnesium is a vital mineral for normal body functioning. Your kidneys, heart, teeth, and bones rely on magnesium to function properly. It influences enzyme and energy production. It also regulates calcium absorption in the body.Where to get magnesiumYou can get calcium from the following sources:...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Irem Nasir M.D.155 Crystal Run Rd Middletown NY 10941
- Dr. Romeo L Quilatan M.D.155 Crystal Run Rd Middletown NY 10941
- Dr. Sumeet Smotra MD155 Crystal Run Rd Middletown NY 10941
- Dr. Aleksander Lekan M.D.1980 Crompond Road Cortlandt Manor NY 10567
- Dr. Khin Nge Hnin MD155 Crystal Run Rd Middletown NY 10941
- Dr. Hamid A Mian MD4780 Old Post Rd Ogden UT 84403