Dr. Heather Mourtacos practices Pediatric Anesthesiology in Pittsburgh, PA. As a pediatric anesthesiologist, Dr. Mourtacos treats children who have experienced an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery or a procedure. Pediatric anesthesiologists are qualified to evaluate complex problems and plan a safe anesthetic for each child. Through special training and experience, pediatric anesthesiologists provide the safest care for infants and children undergoing anesthesia.
Dr. Heather Mourtacos DO's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15224Get Direction
WEST MIDDLESEX, PA 16159Get Direction
Dr. Heather Mourtacos DO's reviewsWrite Review
- What Exercises Prevent Shin Splints?
Shin splints hurt, and if you do not take them seriously, it starts to hurt so much that you have to stop your sport or whatever physical activity you are doing. You will experience pain along the inner aspect of the shin bone, which is initially mild and only present at the end of your exercise or...
- Telltale Signs of Dehydration
Seventy percent of the human body consists of water and the human brain tissue is said to consist of nearly 85% water. Water is required in the human body to keep it healthy and function efficiently. When the amount of water intake matches the amount of water that is excreted then the body’s water...
- Dietary Supplements for Celiac Disease
What is celiac disease?Celiac disease is a hereditary autoimmune disease. Thus, it usually runs in the family of the individual. When individuals with celiac disease take any food that contains gluten, their body's immune system attacks the small intestine. In many cases, it is often difficult to...
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- What Is the Difference Between AIDS and HIV?
The main difference between AIDS and HIV is that HIV is a virus whereas AIDS is a condition that is caused by HIV. People often confuse HIV and AIDS. Different diagnoses are used to identify both HIV and AIDS. However, they are said to go hand-in-hand and are very often used interchangeably to...
- Life Hacks to Make Alzheimer’s Care Easier
Being the caretaker of someone with Alzheimer’s is challenging, depressing, and sometimes exasperating. As a caregiver, you wear many hats. You are a nurse with skills to fix bumps and bruises, a housekeeper to clean up messes, and a doctor with knowledge about medical conditions. In addition, you...
- Dr. Tunga Suresh MD3705 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Neal F Campbell MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Nishanthi Kandiah M.D.521 Shady Ave Pittsburgh PA 15206
- Dr. Ana Manrique M.D3471 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Erica L Sivak MD45th Street And Penn Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15201
- Dr. Jay B. Tuchman M.D.3705 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213