Dr. Jill Rae Meilahn D.O.
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)1000 N Oak Ave Marshfield WI, 54449
Dr. Jill Meilahn is a physiatrist practicing in Marshfield, WI. Dr. Meilahn is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Meilahn focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Meilahn can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences 1988
University of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences / College of Osteopathic Medicine 1988
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine 1988
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR- Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine
- Identifying loss of function caused by cervical spondylotic myelopathy in young adults with nonathetoid spastic cerebral palsy.
- Tolerability and effectiveness of a neuroprosthesis for the treatment of footdrop in pediatric patients with hemiparetic cerebral palsy.
- The effect of botulinum toxin A (Botox) injections used to treat limb spasticity
- Cerebral Palsy
- Abnormal Gait
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation; Central Ia Hlth Sys/Ia Luthera, Family Medicine
- U Minn Hosps and Clins
- University of Minnesota Medical School Program
Dr. Jill Rae Meilahn D.O.'s Practice location
Marshfield, WI 54449Get Direction
Dr. Jill Rae Meilahn D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Meilahn
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- The Worst Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Having rheumatoid arthritis means sticking to certain lifestyle practices. Rheumatoid arthritis happens due to large-scale inflammation in the body, which typically affects the joints. The condition causes immobility and severe pain as the inflamed joints makes it painful to move. Rheumatoid...
- Can Sciatica Pain Be Cured?
What is sciatica?Sciatica is a health condition in which one experiences radiating pain running down from the lower back to the feet. Pain may occur on either side of the leg and it is not necessary that lower back pain exists in all cases of sciatica. The pain’s nature is shooting pain, which...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Complications of Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a condition that results in bone loss. There are no visible signs or symptoms of this disorder; it only becomes noticeable when you suddenly suffer from bone breakage or fractures. Pain resulting from osteoporosis can affect the quality of your life or even trigger detrimental...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- Dr. Josephine Meei Ng DO1000 N Oak Ave Marshfield WI 54449
- Dr. Mustafa Farooque MD1000 N Oak Ave Marshfield WI 54449
- Dr. Panna Varia MD1000 N Oak Ave Marshfield WI 54449
- Dr. Jonathan Charles Reeser MD1000 N Oak Ave Marshfield WI 54449
- Dr. Ade R Dillon MD1000 N Oak Ave Marshfield WI 54449
- Dr. Mohammad H. Yavari rad MD1000 N Oak Ave Marshfield WI 54449