Matthew L. Baker, MD, is a leading anesthesiologist currently serving patients at UK Anesthesiology Acute Pain Service and UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital - Pavilion A and is an Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at the University of Kentucky School of Medicine in Lexington, Kentucky. After earning his medical degree at Wake Forest University, Bowman Gray School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, in 2009, Dr. Baker completed his residency at the University of Kentucky, followed by his fellowship in regional anesthesiology and acute pain medicine conducted at Wake Forest University, Bowman Gray School of Medicine. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine.
Matthew L. Baker M.D.'s Videos
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Deriving folds of macromolecular complexes through electron cryomicroscopy and bioinformatics approaches.
- Coat protein fold and maturation transition of bacteriophage P22 seen at subnanometer resolutions.
- Structure of the herpesvirus major capsid protein.
- Applications of a bilateral denoising filter in biological electron microscopy.
- A 9 angstroms single particle reconstruction from CCD captured images on a 200 kV
- Structural characterization of components of protein assemblies by comparative modeling and electron cryo-microscopy.
- Electron cryomicroscopy of biological machines at subnanometer resolution.
- Common ancestry of herpesviruses and tailed DNA bacteriophages.
- Structural biology of cellular machines.
- Refinement of protein structures by iterative comparative modeling and CryoEM density fitting.
- Automated segmentation of molecular subunits in electron cryomicroscopy density maps.
- Ab initio modeling of the herpesvirus VP26 core domain assessed by CryoEM density.
- Identification of secondary structure elements in intermediate-resolution density maps.
- Backbone structure of the infectious epsilon15 virus capsid revealed by electron cryomicroscopy.
- De novo backbone trace of GroEL from single particle electron cryomicroscopy.
- University of Kentucky
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
Hobbies / Sports
Matthew L. Baker M.D.'s Practice location
Winston Salem, NC 27157Get Direction
Lexington, Kentucky 40536Get Direction
DANVILLE, KY 40422Get Direction
- Social ABCs: An Early Intervention Program for Autism
Autism is a condition that has been diagnosed at an increasing rate in recent year, but that remains relatively mysterious in a lot of ways. While there are many different initiatives examining the differences in the development of the brain in children with autism as compared to neurotypical...
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil Health Benefits
Introduction Most people have probably heard about castor oil and its amazing benefits, but only a few may have heard about black castor oil. So, what is the difference between castor oil and black castor oil? For better understanding, first, we need to understand what castor oil is. Castor...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Robert Hurley M.D., PH.D.Medical Center Blvd. Winston-Salem NC 27157
- Dr. Douglas G Ririe MDMEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27157
- Dr. Brittany Bergin Clyne MDMEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27157
- Mrs. Miranda Kapural MDMEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27157
- Dr. Benzion Schkolne M.D.145 Kimel Park Dr Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. George Erik Hertz M.D.145 Kimel Park Dr Winston Salem NC 27103