Dr. Larry Heller is a pathologist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Heller is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Heller can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Heller may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1978
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1978
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Healthone Presby-St Luke'S M C, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- University of Colorado (HealthONE Rose Medical Center) Program
Dr. Larry Joseph Heller MD's Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
Dr. Larry Joseph Heller MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Dr. Dale F. Andres DO1111 6th Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Gregory Alan Schmunk M.D.1914 Carpenter Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Richard Kent Scupham MD1212 Pleasant Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Michael Matthews Baldwin MD1212 Pleasant Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Kathleen Kelley Hansen MD1212 Pleasant # Ll3 Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Michael J Daly DO3200 Grand Ave Des Moines IA 50312