Dr. John Pilgrim Osborn M.D.
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology2730 A Prosperity Avenue Fairfax VA, 22031
Dr. John Osborn practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Fairfax, VA. Dr. Osborn treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1989
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Pediatric Pulmonology; Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
- University Of Washington/Children's Hospital and Regional Med Center
Dr. John Pilgrim Osborn M.D.'s Practice location
Fairfax, VA 22031Get Direction
SEATTLE, WA 98104Get Direction
Dr. John Pilgrim Osborn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Osborn
- Stridor in Children: Croup Is Not the Only Cause
Stridor is a high-pitched sound that is caused by a disrupted airflow. It is a sign of an upper airway obstruction that affects children more than adults. A disrupted airflow is caused by a blockage in the voice box (larynx) or windpipe (trachea). Stridor is most noticeable during inhalation, but...
- Croup and Its Symptoms
Croup, a viral infection in children, is a condition that causes swelling of the vocal cords. The cause of croup is also the same virus that causes a normal cold. Croup can happen any time, but is very common during the winter. ...
- What Is Bronkaid?
Generic Name: Ephedrine and GuaifenesinBrand Name: Primatene Asthma, BronkaidIntroduction Bronkaid is known for treating the symptoms of asthma. It works by thinning the mucus, so it can be eliminated from the body through coughing. Bronkaid consists of two active ingredients:...
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- What Is Bibasilar Atelectasis?
IntroductionOur lungs are one of the hardest working organs in the body. Each minute, our lungs expand and contract up to 20 times. This is done to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. An obstruction in this process is called as bibasilar atelectasis, which is a life-threatening condition. It...
- Can My Child Develop COPD?
Can COPD Develop in Children?By definition, COPD is a serious lung condition that has developed over a long period of time. Numerous studies explained that children cannot have COPD; however, the disease process can begin at a young age.One can observe the symptoms associated with COPD in a child,...
- Dr. Iman Sami-zakhari MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Anastassios Constantin Koumbourlis MD, MPH111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Hollis R. Chaney MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Sunil Amrit Kapoor M.D.2730 A Prosperity Avenue Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. Michael Jay Fields M.D.2730 A Prosperity Avenue Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. Dinesh Kumar Pillai M.D.111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington DC 20010