Dr. Donald B Wender M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA, 51101
Dr. Donald Wender is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Sioux City, IA. Dr. Wender specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1981
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1981
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Results of a phase II study of high-dose thoracic radiation therapy with concurrent cisplatin and etoposide in limited-stage small-cell lung cancer (NCCTG 95-20-53).
- Synthesis and characterization of poly(LysAla3).
- Effect of oral contraceptives on triazolam, temazepam, alprazolam, and lorazepam kinetics.
- Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Wrinkle & Scar Improvement
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Hlth Ctr Of Pittsburgh, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Donald B Wender M.D.'s Practice location
Sioux City, IA 51101Get Direction
Dr. Donald B Wender M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wender
- Bringing Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Patients and Their Doctors Together via Survey
While patients may entirely admire and respect their doctors, sometimes they simply do not agree with the course of action they are proposing. While this may not be a big deal for a visit about a cold or something minimal, it can be life-altering for those with chronic conditions. That is why a...
- 'Sophie the Brave' Fights Childhood T-Cell Lymphoma
The story of 2-year-old Sophie Skiles and her arduous battle with T-cell lymphoma pulls at one’s heartstrings while also causing one to marvel at the faith of her Mom, Shelby.The public first learned of Sophie when a newscast about her was posted online October 20, 2017. (KLTB/abc) It soon made it...
- Promising Results for Hodgkin Patients Using This Therapy
Researcher Dr. Bradford S. Hoppe and his colleagues at the University of Florida College of Medicine have recently found that the addition of proton therapy to first-line chemotherapy regimens may improve outcomes for patients with Hodgkin lymphoma.Lymphoma is classically treated with both...
- Daughter's Donation Gives Mom with Lymphoma a Fighting Chance
Chyanne Ojageer, a 14-year-old teenager from Kissimmee, Florida, became one of the youngest bone marrow donors in the state when she donated her own bone marrow to help save her mother’s life.Neisha Ojageer, never in her wildest dreams thought that her daughter would be the person to save her...
- Teen with Hodgkin Lymphoma Skates with Her Hero, Mario Lemieux
Lillian Tarasiewicz was diagnosed with stage 3B Hodgkin lymphoma in October of 2015. She currently resides in South Carolina, but because of her father’s Pennsylvania background, she grew up with a love for hockey and for the Pittsburgh Penguins. She always felt a special connection to Mario...
- Teen Finds Strength to Give Back After Battling Lymphoma
Ayden Mills is a 14-year-old middle school student residing in Vancouver, Washington. It’s easy to wonder how someone could be an inspiration at such a young age, but what Mills has gone fought through is nothing short of amazing. Mills’s story shows how it is possible to fight through even the...