Dr. James Kenneth Burks M.D.
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism701 W 5th St Odessa TX, 79763
Dr. James Burks practices Endocrinology in Odessa, TX. Dr. Burks specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Burks examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 1967
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Graves' Disease
- Barnes-Jewish Hosp, Other Specialty; Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Barnes Jewish Hospital 1972
- Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati Program
Dr. James Kenneth Burks M.D.'s Practice location
Odessa, TX 79763Get Direction
Dr. James Kenneth Burks M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Burks
- Hormones for Diabetes
DiabetesDiabetes is a medical condition wherein the blood sugar level becomes high. With type 1 diabetes, the body is unable to make insulin, while in type 2 diabetes, the body is unable to make or properly use insulin. Too much glucose in the blood can cause complications such as damage to the...
- Man with Type 1 Diabetes Criticized after Injecting in Public
Living with diabetes can be hard. No matter what type of diabetes a person has they face many difficulties both at home and in public. They must be acutely aware of their blood glucose levels so they do not fluctuate too far. People with diabetes have to closely track their blood glucose levels. If...
- Diabetes Is an Energy Storage Problem
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disease, where the body cannot store energy in its warehouses, resulting in high levels of glucose in the blood. Diabetes is also known as “sugar” or “high blood glucose” disease. Although many people do not understand that diabetes is not only a problem with...
- Polydipsia: What Causes Excessive Thirst?
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is a medical term given for extreme thirstiness. It is said to be one of the initial symptoms of diabetes. Polydipsia is also accompanied by either temporary or constant dryness in the mouth. It is very important to consume adequate amounts of water in a day, so that...
- Does Drinking Coffee Every Day Help Prolong Life?
For coffee-lovers, sometimes drinking coffee on a regular basis may make them feel guilty. Having a daily cup of coffee will definitely make them think they need to cut it down at some point. However, on the contrary, they might actually be extending their lives. A handful of studies and research...
- Are Creatine Supplements Necessary?
Creatine, the popular chemical among athletes for enhanced performance, can be obtained from any normal diet. This chemical is also manufactured naturally in the body, and it can help create energy from the food an individual consumes. Although it is a popular choice among athletes, there is no...
- Dr. Ravi C Borra M.D.724 Watervliet Shaker Rd Latham NY 12110
- Dr. Varuna Nargunan M.D2157 Main St Dept Of Buffalo NY 14214
- Dr. Surekha Perlman M.D.318 N Alleghaney Ave Odessa TX 79761
- Dr. Jeffrey Perlman M.D.318 N Alleghaney Ave Odessa TX 79761
- Dr. Muhammad Mahmood MD701 W 5th St Odessa TX 79763
- Dr. Mohammed Zafer Ansari M.D.701 W 5th St Odessa TX 79763