Dr. Barbara Pawley is a radiologist practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Pawley specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 1991
University of Louisville School of Medicine 1991
- Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, Diagnostic Radiology Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
Barbara Pawley MD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
Barbara Pawley MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Benedek Joseph Bognar M.D.421 Bristol Rd Lexington KY 40502
- Miguel Alexis Pereira rodriguez M.D.1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912
- James S Simpson M.D.2463 Nicholasville Rd Lexington KY 40503
- Sandra Robbin Shuffett M.D.1760 Nicholasville Rd Lexington KY 40503
- Tanmay Rameshbhai Patel M.D.800 Rose St Hq 101 Lexington KY 40536
- Kevin J Croce M.D.320 Loretto Rd Lebanon KY 40033