Dr. Michael Conklin is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Conklin specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Conklin tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Cincinnati Coll of Med, Cincinnati Oh 1987
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Carolinas Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery
- Carolinas Medical Center 1988
- Shriner's Hospital for Children 1992
Dr. Michael J Conklin MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Michael J Conklin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Conklin
- Leslie b.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- What Are the Risks of Carpal Tunnel Surgery?
Carpal tunnel surgery is a procedure done to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. The surgical procedure involves the severing of a ligament referred to as the transverse carpal ligament so that the pressure it was exerting on the median nerve gets released.The pressure exerted on the median nerve causes...
- What Is Olecranon Bursitis?
Whenever a bursa is inflamed and becomes swollen, it causes a lot of pain around the affected area. The condition is called bursitis. The inflammation and swelling of the bursa are the causes of pain. The bursa is a sac filled with fluid, which is always located between the muscles, tendons, bones,...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- Risk Factors For Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that can affect just about anyone, depending on different conditions such as the environment, regular activities the person engages in, or even the current health status of a person. The condition more commonly affects the elderly, women, and people with very weak...
- Dr. Gregory Brinker Gullung MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Steven R. Nichols MD805 St. Vincent's Drive Birmingham Alabama 35205
- Rena Stewart1530 3rd Avenue South Birmingham Alabama 35294
- Dr. Gregg Kevin Carr M.D.516 Brookwood Boulevard Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Herrick Jove Siegel MD1201 11th Ave S Birmingham AL 35205
- Dr. Jeffrey Todd Smith MD720 Montclair Rd Birmingham AL 35213