Dr. Gary Goforth is a family practitioner practicing in Greenwood, SC. Dr. Goforth specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Goforth possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Vanderbilt Univ Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1980
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine 1980
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Emergency medical training in the 82d Airborne Division. The Gulf War experience.
- Antihypertensive prescriptions for newly treated patients before and after the main antihypertensive and lipid-lowering treatment to prevent heart attack trial results and seventh report of the joint national committee on prevention, detection, evalu
- Hypertension control among newly treated patients before and after publication of the main ALLHAT results and JNC 7 guidelines.
- A blitz of bends: decompression sickness in four students after hypobaric chamber training.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Tripler Army Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. Gary A Goforth MD's Practice location
Fort Myers, FL 33901Get Direction
FORT MYERS, FL 33908Get Direction
Dr. Gary A Goforth MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Goforth
- Symptoms of Gout in Knee
What is gout in knee?Gout in knee is an inflammatory condition that causes swelling and pain in the knee joints. In the US, approximately 1-2 people in every 100 suffer from gout. Men are more likely to be affected by this condition than women with a peak-incidence age of 75. There are recurrent...
- What Is a Lower Back Pain with Sciatica?
Lower back pain is a common problem experienced by most people at some point during their lifetime. There are several causes for lower back pain with sciatica, and the intensity of pain can range from dull to quite severe. Men and women are equally affected by this condition. Most cases of back pain...
- Atarax for Nausea
Atarax Atarax is a prescription medication that belongs to the class of antihistamines. This drug blocks histamine, which is a chemical produced during an allergic reaction. The activity taking place in the central nervous system is also reduced when this drug is taken. Atarax is also used as a...
- What Are the Early Signs of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer allows a five-year survival limit, and that is if the disease has not spread elsewhere in the body. This is all the more reason to be alert to early warnings of cancer’s approach. With early detection, cancer survival ratings improve remarkably.1. Misery and mood swingsCarrying the...
- Blood Blister: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is a blood blister?A blood blister is a raised piece of skin that has blood inside it. Blood blisters are somewhat similar to blisters that have clear fluid in them. The blisters are usually harmless and tend to go away within a few weeks without treatment. A blood blister can contain blood,...
- 5 Tips on Living with Lung Cancer
Lung cancer, also known as lung carcinoma, is a malignant lung tumor depicted by uncontrolled cell growth in tissues of the lung. If left untreated, this growth can spread beyond the lung by the process of metastasis into nearby tissue or other parts of the body.The following are 5 tips on...
- Dr. John Mark Baker MD157 S Greenwood Ave # B Ware Shoals SC 29692
- Dr. Martin G Johns M.D.155 Academy Ave Greenwood SC 29646
- Dr. Neal Robert Goodbar MD155 Academy Ave Greenwood SC 29646
- Dr. William Olin Mallow MD803 N Jefferson St Albany GA 31701
- Dr. Daniel David Divilbiss MD2509 Canterbury Dr Hays KS 67601
- Dr. Christina Cavanagh MD155 Academy Ave Greenwood SC 29646