Dr. Elihu Jose Ledesma MD
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology1970 Roanoke Blvd Salem VA, 24153
Dr. Elihu Ledesma is a surgical oncologist practicing in Salem, VA. Dr. Ledesma specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Univ Of Pr Sch Of Med- San Juan Pr 1973
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Cutaneous metastases in patients with rectal cancer: a report of six cases.
- Patients with Merkel cell carcinoma tumors < or = 1.0 cm in diameter are unlikely to harbor regional lymph node metastasis.
- Indications for cholecystectomy in ligation of the hepatic artery.
- Surgical treatment of isolated abdominal wall metastasis in colorectal cancer.
- Clinical pharmacological studies of concurrent infusion of 5-fluorouracil and thymidine in treatment of colorectal carcinomas.
- Monocyte-mediated suppression of T lymphocyte proliferative response in breast and colorectal cancer patients: specific action of levamisole on suppressor monocytes.
- Enhancement of T lymphocyte proliferative response to mitogens by indomethacin in breast and colorectal cancer patients.
- Squamous-cell carcinoma of the colon and rectum.
- Cerebral metastases. From adenocarcinoma of the colon and rectum.
- Metachronous ovarian metastases from adenocarcinoma of the colon and rectum.
- Mesothelial cysts associated with metastases to ovary from primary colonic carcinoma.
- EEA stapler in low anterior anastomosis.
- Extensive resections of isolated metastasis from carcinoma of the colon and rectum.
- Angled low anterior resection scissors.
- Surgical treatment of metastatic colorectal adenocarcinoma.
- Roswell Park Cancer Inst, Medical Oncology; University Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Elihu Jose Ledesma MD's Practice location
Salem, VA 24153Get Direction
Dr. Elihu Jose Ledesma MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ledesma
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
Like any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- What is Testicular Cancer: Get the Facts
Testicular cancer is a malignancy that affects the testes, which are the sex glands in men that are responsible for secreting the male sex hormone testosterone and for producing sperm cells that fertilize female eggs to kick start a pregnancy.Prevalence of testicular cancerIn the United States,...
- During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Women Are Able to Get Discounted Mammograms
All throughout the year, different health awareness campaigns take place. They allow individuals with certain health conditions - along with their loved ones, advocacy groups, and support groups - to join together around a common cause and offer support. During these times, educational and...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What Is Gastric Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Gastric cancer, also known as stomach cancer, begins when cancer cells form in the inner lining of the stomach. This disease does not show clear signs and symptoms until it enters the later stages. The cancer may spread from the stomach to essential parts like the liver, lungs, bones, and lymph...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...