Dr. Mary R Kwaan M.D., M.P.H.
Colon and Rectal Surgeon420 Delaware St Se Mayo Mail Code 450 Minneapolis MN, 55455
Dr. Mary Kwaan is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Kwaan specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Kwaan often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Eosinophilic colitis: university of Minnesota experience and literature review.
- Rectal prolapse.
- Evidence-based medicine in surgical education.
- Colorectal surgery after kidney transplantation: characteristics of early vs. late posttransplant interventions.
- Does patient rurality predict quality colon cancer care?: A population-based study.
- Relationship between model for end-stage liver disease score and 30-day outcomes for patients undergoing elective colorectal resections: an American college of surgeons-national surgical quality improvement program study.
- Postoperative diarrhea and high ostomy output impact postoperative outcomes after
- Characterizing Patient-Generated Clinical Data and Associated Implications for Electronic Health Records.
- Automated Detection of Postoperative Surgical Site Infections Using Supervised Methods with Electronic Health Record Data.
- Can Large Database Studies Help Us Decrease Readmissions After Colorectal Surgery?
- Colorectal Surgery Outcomes in Chronic Dialysis Patients: An American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program Study.
- Surgical site infections in colorectal surgery: the nuances of surveillance.
- African Americans and Short-Term Outcomes after Surgery for Crohn's Disease: An ACS-NSQIP Analysis.
- Palliative Care in Advanced Colorectal Cancer - Balancing Treatment With Comfort.
- Does Hospital Transfer Impact Outcomes After Colorectal Surgery?
- Harvard School of Public Health, Masters in Public
- Health, . 2005
- Best Doctors for Women Minnesota Monthly Magazine 2013
- University of Minnesota (Colon and Rectal Surgery)
- University of Minnesota, Fellow:Colon and Rectal Surgery 2008
Dr. Mary R Kwaan M.D., M.P.H.'s Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55455Get Direction
LOS ANGELES, CA 90095Get Direction
Dr. Mary R Kwaan M.D., M.P.H.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kwaan
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- Reasons Why You Need a Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy is a procedure that evokes mixed reactions amongst most adults. Most people don't look forward to the preparation for a colonoscopy, much less the procedure itself. But improvements in the procedure in recent years have led to most people not having a terrible experience. It is of...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?
What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is an infection of the prostate which causes abnormal growth of cells on the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is known to inhabit the body of an individual for a long time before displaying any symptoms. During the first...
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- Dr. Richard Karulf MD6565 FRANCE AVE S EDINA MN 55435
- Dr. Amy J Thorsen MD2800 Chicago Ave S Minneapolis MN 55407
- Dr. Isaac Felemovicius M.D.3366 Oakdale Avenue North Minneapolis MN 55422
- Dr. Ann C Lowry MD6565 FRANCE AVE S EDINA MN 55435
- Dr. Elizabeth Rachael Raskin MD1983 Sloan Pl Saint Paul MN 55117
- Dr. Stanley Morton Goldberg MD6363 FRANCE AVE S EDINA MN 55435