Dr. Karin Gravare Silbernagel PHD, PT, ATC
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation053 Mckinley Lab Newark DE, 19716
Dr. Karin Silbernagel is a physiatrist practicing in Newark, DE. Dr. Silbernagel is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Silbernagel focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Silbernagel can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Eccentric overload training for patients with chronic Achilles tendon pain--a randomised controlled study with reliability testing of the evaluation methods.
- Iontophoresis with or without dexamethazone in the treatment of acute Achilles tendon pain.
- Pathogenesis of tendinopathies: inflammation or degeneration?
- Ability to perform a single heel-rise is significantly related to patient-reported outcome after Achilles tendon rupture.
- Compensatory muscle activation caused by tendon lengthening post-Achilles tendon rupture.
- Viscoelastic properties of healthy achilles tendon are independent of isometric plantar flexion strength and cross-sectional area.
- Recovery of calf muscle endurance 3 months after an Achilles tendon rupture.
- Nonsurgical treatment and early return to activity leads to improved Achilles tendon fatigue mechanics and functional outcomes during early healing in an animal model.
- Extended field of view ultrasound imaging to evaluate Achilles tendon length and thickness: a reliability and validity study.
Dr. Karin Gravare Silbernagel PHD, PT, ATC's Practice location
Newark, DE 19716Get Direction
- What Is a Physiatrist?
What is a physiatrist?A physiatrist is a medical doctor or a doctor of osteopathic medicine who practices physiatry or physical medicine and rehabilitation. Physiatry is a branch of medicine that specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, as well as rehabilitation of disorders, which...
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
If you have risk factors for osteoporosis – postmenopausal women with vitamin D deficiency – do not wait until the symptoms are out to get screened. According to statistics, a major contributor for osteoporosis doesn’t have any noticeable symptoms. By the time you have a bone fracture, feel...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- When to See Your Doctor About Back Pain
One of the most common reasons why people visit their doctor is their back pain. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), 8 out of 10 people have some type of back pain. The pain originates in the spine and can manifest in multiple forms. The...
- The Best Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Positive lifestyle changes can do wonders for rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and the condition's overall outcome. There is significant evidence that lifestyle intervention promotes better prognosis and prolongs the life of patients with the condition. In other words, good lifestyle choices make life...
- Dr. Barry L. Bakst D.O.2006 FOULK RD WILMINGTON DE 19810
- Dr. Kelly M Heath MD501 W 14th St Wilmington DE 19801
- Dr. Frank Bernard Sarlo MD4735 Ogletown-Stanton Rd Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Adam Marc Ginsberg D.O.4745 Ogletown Stanton Rd Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Anthony Rowe Cucuzzella MD4735 Ogletown Stanton Rd Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Nicholas D\'Orazio M.D.114 Sandhill Dr Middletown DE 19709