Dr. Gordon Mead is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Shreveport, LA. Dr. Mead specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Mead tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Emory University School Of Medicine 1973
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Trigger Finger
- Torn Meniscus
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Ganglion Cyst
- Hammer Toe
- Confederate Mem Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery; Georgetown Univ Hosp, General Surgery
- La St University Med Center 1974
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center Program
Dr. Gordon M Mead MD's Practice location
Shreveport, LA 71105Get Direction
Dr. Gordon M Mead MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mead
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Hip Pain: Causes and Treatment
Any pain that is felt around the hip joint is usually referred to as hip pain. This is a very common condition and often confusing, as there are several reasons for the pain in the hip region. Hip pain can make everyday activities more difficult. Many people feel a snapping sound in the hip joint....
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Coping with Muscular Dystrophy
Discussing with a child that they have a muscle wasting disease is not easy. People who are diagnosed with muscular dystrophy have a mind that functions normally, but a body that does not. Being a parent of a child with MD revolves around acceptance. When you get past the initial fear and...
- Do You Need a Bone Density Examination?
What is a bone density examination?A bone density examination is the only examination that will diagnose osteoporosis before its signs and symptoms become visible and before any bone fractures occur. With the help of a bone density test, your doctor will know more about the density and health of...
- Dr. Leslie M. Barnes M.D.1717 North E Street Pensacola Florida 32501
- Dr. Lucas Anissian M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. John V. Marymont MD6620 Main St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Craig R Springmeyer MD1455 E Bert Kouns Loop Shreveport LA 71105
- Dr. Pierce D Nunley MD1500 Line Avenue Shreveport LA 71101
- Dr. Steven M Atchison MD1500 Line Avenue Shreveport LA 71101