Alan Egelman MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease215 E 95th St New York NY, 10128
Dr. Alan Egelman is a cardiologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Egelman specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Egelman also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Bronx Municipal Hospital Center
- Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center
Alan Egelman MD's Practice location
NEW YORK, NY 10036Get Direction
Alan Egelman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Egelman
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Diabetes
DiabetesInsulin is a hormone that is secreted by the pancreas. Diabetes can develop when the pancreas stops secreting insulin or when the body becomes resistant to insulin. The most common type of diabetes is type 2 diabetes.According to the American Diabetes Association, more than 25 million people...
- The Diabetic's Connection to Heart Disease
Many already know that diabetes has a deep connection with heart disease, but a lot aren't sure about why or how. However, according to several studies, high blood glucose levels are a key contributor to this connection. High levels of blood glucose, or sugar, will often result in damage to the...
- What You Need to Know About Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)
What is CHD?Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the disease that develops when there is an insufficient oxygen supply to the heart muscle by the coronary arteries. The most common reason for this is atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries with cholesterol plaques formation and narrowing of the arterial...
- How Atrial Fibrillation Is Diagnosed
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is a condition that disrupts the heart's functions, specifically the heart rate or rhythm. Symptoms can be intermittent, persistent, or permanent in nature, and in some instances they disappear on their own, while other forms require medication to restore normal heart...
- What Is the Impact of Low Blood Pressure on Health?
Our body has certain parameters to maintain its normal functioning. Blood sugar levels and blood pressure readings are just a couple of screenings that can determine the body's functioning system. While having a high blood pressure is more commonly regarded by most people as dangerous, some people...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous lidocaine,...
- Yoshiaki Omura800 Riverside Drive New York New York 10032
- Yoshifumi Naka M.D.177 Fort Washington Ave New York NY 10032
- Carl Dietrich Reimers MD130 E 77th St New York NY 10075
- Jeremiah M. Gelles MD263 7TH AVE BROOKLYN NY 11215
- Elena V. Bezoff D.O4802 10th Ave Brooklyn NY 11219
- Ravinder M Narang M.D.721 Clifton Ave Clifton NJ 07013