Dr. Joseph T. Marino M.D.
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology6660 Coyle Avenue Suite 330 Carmichael CA, 95608
Dr. Joseph Marino practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Carmichael, CA. Dr. Marino treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1972
Harvard Medical School 1972
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Contact Dermatitis
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Hives (urticaria)
- Children'S Hosp, Pulmonary Diseases; Children'S Hosp, Internal Medicine; Johns Hopkins Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Childrens Hospital
- Children's Hospital Program
Dr. Joseph T. Marino M.D.'s Practice location
Carmichael, CA 95608Get Direction
Dr. Joseph T. Marino M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Marino
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Asthmatic Bronchitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
IntroductionEvery time you inhale, air enters your nose and mouth, and then flows down the throat through the air passageways called as bronchial tubes. For the air to reach the lungs, these passageways need to be open. To transport the oxygen to the tissues of the body, oxygen is passed into the...
- Home Treatments for Croup
Children, especially the younger ones are prone to have croup. It is a viral infection that causes swelling and inflammation of the vocal cords. Croup is characterized by a bad cough that resembles a barking seal and difficulty in breathing. The virus that causes croup is also the same virus that...
- Stridor in Children: Croup Is Not the Only Cause
Stridor is a high-pitched sound that is caused by a disrupted airflow. It is a sign of an upper airway obstruction that affects children more than adults. A disrupted airflow is caused by a blockage in the voice box (larynx) or windpipe (trachea). Stridor is most noticeable during inhalation, but...
- Croup and Its Symptoms
Croup, a viral infection in children, is a condition that causes swelling of the vocal cords. The cause of croup is also the same virus that causes a normal cold. Croup can happen any time, but is very common during the winter. ...
- Dr. Sanjay Jhawar M.D.2315 Stockton Blvd Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Albin B. Leong MD1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661
- Dr. Jesse P Joad M.D.2315 Stockton Blvd Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Ruth Jean Mcdonald M.D.2315 Stockton Blvd Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Elman L. Trias M.D.2025 Morse Ave Sacramento CA 95825