Dr. Theofanie Mela MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology55 Fruit St Electrophysiology La Boston MA, 02114
Dr. Theofanie Mela is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Mela performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
University Athens-Faculty Medical, School Of Health & Science MD
University of Athens School of Health Sciences 1989
- Heart Disease
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (Beth Israel) Program
Dr. Theofanie Mela MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Dr. Theofanie Mela MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mela
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Dr. Juan Viles-gonzalez M.D.1611 NW 12th Ave Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Moussa Chafic Mansour MD55 Fruit St Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Michael J Mazzini M.D.88 E Newton Street Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Bruce Andrew Koplan MD75 Francis Street Pbb1 Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Patrick J Blomberg MD99 Lincoln St Framingham MA 01702
- Dr. Emily B Rose M.D.Brigham And Women's Hospital Boston MA 02115