Dr. Michael Alan Mackay M.D.
Orthopaedic Surgeon90 Vermont Ave Suite 300 Oak Ridge TN, 37830
Dr. Michael Mackay is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Oak Ridge, TN. Dr. Mackay specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Mackay tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1992
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1992
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Torn Meniscus
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Wm Beaumont Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Wm Beaumont Hosp, General Surgery
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. Michael Alan Mackay M.D.'s Practice location
Oak Ridge, TN 37830Get Direction
Dr. Michael Alan Mackay M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mackay
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- What Is Sacroiliitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is sacroiliitis?An inflammation of one or both sacroiliac joints is known as sacroiliitis. This condition happens when the lower spine and pelvis connect. In other words, we can say that a sacroiliac joint is the union of the sacrum and ilium. The sacroiliac joint is bound by thick ligaments...
- What Therapies Help to Treat Arthritis
Arthritis is a term used to describe about two hundred different types of ailments that affect the joints and its cartilage and surrounding connective tissue. These diseases are progressive degenerative diseases and can be very painful. Because arthritis has such a vast range of causes and symptoms,...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- How is Arthritis Diagnosed?
Arthritis is the common term used to describe over a hundred types of ailments that affect the joints. There are several causes of arthritis including physical wear and tear, autoimmunity, infections, and faulty metabolism, among others. Arthritis is a progressive disease with no known cure.Common...
- Recovering from Knee Replacement Surgery
Proper rehabilitation and a well-carried out recovery give you the chance to get back on your feet and continue an active lifestyle after knee replacement surgery. Setting and working toward goals will hasten healing and improve your chances for long-term success. It is important to commit to a plan...
- M. Chris Testerman1422 Old Weisgarber Road Knoxville Tennessee 37909
- Dr. Christine Marie Seaworth MD1926 ALCOA HWY KNOXVILLE TN 37920
- Dr. David R Robins D.O.101 Glenliegh Ct Knoxville TN 37934
- Dr. Edwin Michael Holt M.D.1932 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Robert R. Madigan M.D.1422 Old Weisgarber Rd Knoxville TN 37909
- Dr. Edwin Earl Spencer M.D.260 Fort Sanders West Blvd Knoxville TN 37922