Dr. Nenita Shea is a psychiatrist practicing in South Hadley, MA. Dr. Shea is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Shea diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Shea may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Shea treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
- Ct Valley Hosp, Psychiatry; Coney Island Hosp, Internal Medicine; Coney Island Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Nenita G Shea M.D.'s Practice location
South Hadley, MA 01075Get Direction
Dr. Nenita G Shea M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shea
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- How to Cope with Your Depression
After being diagnosed with depression, it is important to learn how to cope with it and not fall into despair, as this could lead to severe consequences. Take the prescribed medicationAntidepressants may be prescribed to help improve your mood and enable you to return to your regular activities....
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- Have You Heard About the Various Types of Depression?
Depression is a state of mind wherein people feel sad, anxious, and upset all the time. It is a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks, feels, and behaves. Depression happens when people's thoughts turn completely negative and they later become distant avoiding any form of social...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- How Can I Treat Anxiety at Home?
Understanding AnxietyAnxiety attacks are difficult to control without the help of a therapist. But by learning and educating oneself about anxiety may help to prevent it. Anxiety is an excessive reaction to a stressful situation, which brings in trembling, a choking feeling, pain in the heart...
- Dr. Deirdre Curran M.D.8 Trumball Road Northampton Massachusetts 01060
- Dr. Merrilee Leonhardt MD40 Wright St Palmer MA 01069
- Dr. Killian R. O'connell M.D.6 University Dr Amherst MA 01002
- Dr. Paul R Fleischman M.D.1394 S East St Amherst MA 01002
- Dr. Donald A Smith M.D.421 N Main St Leeds MA 01053
- Dr. Ramanpreet Toor M.D.759 Chestnut St Springfield MA 01199