Dr. Bruce A Petitt M.D.
Pediatrician1060 Fairfax Park Suite C Tuscaloosa AL, 35406
Dr. Bruce Petitt is a pediatrician practicing in Tuscaloosa, AL. Dr. Petitt is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Petitt diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Petitt can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1989
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Pediatrics
- University Of Al Hospital
Dr. Bruce A Petitt M.D.'s Practice location
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406Get Direction
Dr. Bruce A Petitt M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Petitt
- What Is Chickenpox?
The causing factor of chickenpox and the ways of transmissionThe causing agent is a virus called varicella-zoster, which is an airborne and really contagious germ. It can be spread while coughing and sneezing, with little droplets of the mucus thrown from the nose and throat. Another way of catching...
- Dehydration in Infants: What are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Dehydration is a condition that occurs when the body has lost more water than the amount that it has taken in. A baby’s body is made up of 75 percent of water. Every day, your baby will lose some amount of water from the body due to crying, sweating, urination, bowel movements and even with...
- How to Prevent Neonatal Jaundice
Jaundice is also described as hyperbilirubinemia, which is a very common condition that occurs in newborns within 2 to 4 days after they’re born. It results from an excessive amount of bilirubin, which is a waste product produced by the breakdown of red blood cells. Fully mature livers are capable...
- Is Tonsillitis Contagious?
What is tonsillitis?Tonsils are two glands located at the back of the throat and can be seen through the mouth. These glands help prevent infections from developing in the body. Tonsillitis happens when the tonsils become inflamed or infected by viruses or bacteria. Tonsillitis is a common...
- Oral Thrush in Babies: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction Oral thrush is a common type of yeast infection in babies. The infection is also called as oral candidiasis, which causes irritation in and around the baby's mouth. Oral thrush is said to affect babies of any age, but is more commonly seen in babies who are younger than 6 months old....
- How Often Should a Newborn Poop?
First-time parents may wonder how often their newborn should poop and what a normal newborn poop would look like. A baby’s health can be best indicated by a baby’s bowel movement, but new parents may not know what to expect. For this reason, new parents become unsure and apprehensive during...
- Dr. Elizabeth Cockrum M.D.850 5th Ave E Tuscaloosa AL 35401
- Dr. Brian Scott Gannon MD850 PETER BRYCE BLVD TUSCALOOSA AL 35401
- Dr. Michelle Murphree Parchman M. D.657 Helen Keller Blvd Tuscaloosa AL 35404
- Dr. Thomas C Farmer M.D.657 Helen Keller Blvd Tuscaloosa AL 35404
- Dr. Mary Allison Cunningham M.D.657 Helen Keller Blvd Tuscaloosa AL 35404
- Dr. Lena I Bedri MD535 JACK WARNER PKWY NE TUSCALOOSA AL 35404